Affiliation: University of Puerto Rico
- Initial experience with dual antiplatelet thromboprophylaxis using clopidogrel and aspirin in patients with mechanical aortic prosthesesRaul García-Rinaldi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiology, Advanced Cardiology Center, Mayaguez, Puerto Rica
J Heart Valve Dis 18:617-25; discussion 626. 2009..Thromboprophylaxis with the antiplatelet agents clopidogrel and aspirin (Clop-ASA) should reduce thromboembolic events in patients receiving an AMP...
- Repair of posterior coronary lacerationsR Garcia-Rinaldi
The Pavía Heart and Lung Center, Hospital Pavía, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Ann Thorac Surg 71:2055-6. 2001..We describe a modification of the standard technique to repair posterior coronary artery lacerations. This technique avoids distortion and narrowing of the coronary artery...
- Tricuspid anterior leaflet replacement with autologous pericardium and polytetrafluoroethylene chordae, followed by edge-to-edge repairRaul García-Rinaldi
Cardiovascular Surgery Section, Advanced Cardiology Center, Maya güez, Puerto Rico 00681
Tex Heart Inst J 34:310-2. 2007..Short- and medium-term follow-up in patients who have been treated with these techniques demonstrates that the valve remains fully mobile and competent...
- The "crush and aspiration" technique for debridement of the aortic annulus revisitedHéctor E Marcano
Cardiovascular Surgery Department, Advance Cardiology Center, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Bol Asoc Med P R 101:34-6. 2009..An effective technique for the debridement of the aortic annulus using a needle holder to crush the calcify nodules, follow by the immediate aspiration of the pulverized material using a Yankauer suction device is reported...
- Implantation of cryopreserved allograft pulmonary monocusp patch to treat nonthrombotic femoral vein incompetenceRaul García-Rinaldi
Advanced Cardiology Center, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico 00681 6684, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 29:92-9. 2002..In such patients, venous ulcers heal rapidly after prosthesis implantation if the monocusp remains competent and if there is no severe incompetence of the superficial venous system or of perforating veins...
- Surgical treatment of right coronary arteries with anomalous origin and slit ostiumRaul García-Rinaldi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Advanced Cardiology Center, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1525-9. 2004..They are subject to variable systolic compression and can cause myocardial ischemia with its sequelae or death...