Maria G Dominguez-Bello
Affiliation: University of Puerto Rico
- Delivery mode shapes the acquisition and structure of the initial microbiota across multiple body habitats in newbornsMaria G Dominguez-Bello
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11971-5. 2010..These findings establish an important baseline for studies tracking the human microbiome's successional development in different body habitats following different delivery modes, and their associated effects on infant health...
- Differences in crop bacterial community structure between hoatzins from different geographical locationsFilipa Godoy-Vitorino
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, P O Box 23360, San Juan, PR 00931
Res Microbiol 163:211-20. 2012....
- Developmental microbial ecology of the crop of the folivorous hoatzinFilipa Godoy-Vitorino
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR, USA
ISME J 4:611-20. 2010..The overall community structure of the crop of the hoatzin changes with age in a complex manner, probably responding to new niches made available through dietary changes related to the transition from dependent to independent feeding...
- Structure of the human gastric bacterial community in relation to Helicobacter pylori statusAna Maldonado-Contreras
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
ISME J 5:574-9. 2011..The PhyloChip detected richness of low abundance phyla, and showed marked differences in the structure of the gastric bacterial community according to H. pylori status...
- Bacterial community in the crop of the hoatzin, a neotropical folivorous flying birdFilipa Godoy-Vitorino
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931 3360
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5905-12. 2008..1%). The novelty in this ecosystem is great; 94% of the phylotypes were unclassified at the "species" level and thus likely include novel cellulolytic lineages...