Elhadi H Aburawi
Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Country: United Arab Emirates
- Down syndrome and congenital heart disease: why the regional difference as observed in the Libyan experience?Z Elmagrpy
The Children s Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Alfateh Medical University, Tripoli, Libya
Cardiovasc J Afr 22:306-9. 2011..Children with Down syndrome (DS) have about a 40 to 50% incidence of congenital heart disease (CHD). The objectives of this study were to evaluate the distribution and frequency of CHD patterns in Libyan children with DS...
- Persistent wandering atrial pacemaker after epinephrine overdosing - a case reportElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine and Health Science, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, UAE
BMC Pediatr 13:1. 2013..Despite reports discouraging their use in children, these formulations are frequently administered for "cold-like symptoms". Their frequent adverse events are different forms of arrhythmias, including multifocal atrial tachycardia...
- Lymphocyte respiration in children with Trisomy 21Elhadi H Aburawi
Department of Pediatrics, UAE University, PO Box 17666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
BMC Pediatr 12:193. 2012..This study measured lymphocyte mitochondrial O(2) consumption (cellular respiration) in children with trisomy 21...
- Coronary flow in neonates with impaired intrauterine growthElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 25:313-8. 2012..Subclinical myocardial injury has been reported in newborns with fetal weights < 2 SDs for gestational age. Intrauterine growth restriction might affect cardiac function and coronary flow (CF)...
- Pathophysiology of coronary blood flow in congenital heart diseaseElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 151:273-7. 2011..The aim was to investigate the effects of volume and pressure overload and increased coronary perfusion pressure on coronary flow (CF) in congenital heart disease (CHD) patients...
- Coronary flow before and after surgical versus device closure of atrial septal defectElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden, Gettingvägen, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 135:14-20. 2009..Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) affects coronary flow after the operation. Surgical as compared to device closure of atrial septal defect (ASD) serves as a good model to clarify the effects of surgery with CPB on coronary flow...
- Effects of balloon valvuloplasty on coronary blood flow in neonates with critical pulmonary valve stenosis assessed with transthoracic Doppler echocardiographyElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:165-9. 2009..Treating pulmonary valve stenosis with balloon valvuloplasty (BV) is a good model to study the effect of right ventricular (RV) pressures on coronary flow...
- Residual adverse changes in arterial endothelial function and LDL oxidation after a mild systemic inflammation induced by influenza vaccinationPetru Liuba
Paediatric Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ann Med 39:392-9. 2007....
- Coronary blood flow by transthoracic echocardiography in children with endomyocardial fibrosisElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Getingevagen, Lund, Sweden
Pediatr Cardiol 30:371-3. 2009..The diastolic flow in patients with EMF appeared to terminate earlier than in controls. The mechanisms and the potential significance of these novel findings are discussed...
- Coronary flow and reactivity, but not arrhythmia vulnerability, are affected by cardioplegia during cardiopulmonary bypass in pigletsPetru Liuba
Division of Cardiology, Children s Heart Center, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Cardiothorac Surg 8:157. 2013..Abnormalities in coronary flow and function have been suggested to play an important role. Prior studies suggest protective effects on coronary and myocardial function by short intravenous (i.v.) infusion of cyclosporine A before CPB...
- A transthoracic Doppler echocardiography study of C-reactive protein and coronary microcirculation in children after open heart surgeryElhadi H Aburawi
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Cardiol Young 17:472-7. 2007..In these children, we investigated whether the inflammatory mediator, C-reactive protein, could influence this association...