Mohamed A Ayoya
Affiliation: United Nations Children's Fund
- Protecting and improving breastfeeding practices during a major emergency: lessons learnt from the baby tents in HaitiMohamed Ag Ayoya
Nutrition Section, United Nations Children s Fund UNICEF Country Office, 125 Rue Faubert, Petionville, Port au Prince, Haiti
Bull World Health Organ 91:612-7. 2013..5 million people, many of them into camps for internally displaced persons. It was expected that disruption of breastfeeding practices would lead to increased infant morbidity, malnutrition and mortality...
- Effect on school attendance and performance of iron and multiple micronutrients as adjunct to drug treatment of Schistosoma-infected anemic schoolchildrenMohamed Ag Ayoya
UNICEF Country Office, 125 Rue Faubert, Petionville, Port au Prince, Haiti
Food Nutr Bull 33:235-41. 2012..Relationships among Schistosoma haematobium, anemia, and iron deficiency have been documented, and all have been found to be associated with a decline in school attendance and lower performance...
- Maternal anaemia in West and Central Africa: time for urgent actionMohamed Ag Ayoya
Nutrition Section, UNICEF Haiti Country Office, Minustah Log Base, New Port au Prince, Haiti
Public Health Nutr 15:916-27. 2012..To review the prevalence, severity and determinants of anaemia among women in West and Central Africa (WCA) and raise awareness among policy makers and programme planners in the region...
- [Hepcidin and Plasmodium falciparum malaria in anemic school children in Mali]M A Ayoya
UNICEF, 73 Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110 003, India
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 102:219-20. 2009....
- Alpha 1-acid glycoprotein, hepcidin, C-reactive protein, and serum ferritin are correlated in anemic schoolchildren with Schistosoma haematobiumMohamed A Ayoya
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1784-90. 2010..The World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend the inclusion of indicators of iron status and inflammation in surveys assessing iron deficiency and/or anemia...