- Patients' experience of the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancerAnna Winterbottom
Cancer Research UK, Psychosocial and Clinical Practice Research Group, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Adv Nurs 48:226-33. 2004..This paper describes the experience of being diagnosed with skin cancer from the perspective of patients...
- Patient stories about their dialysis experience biases others' choices regardless of doctor's advice: an experimental studyAnna E Winterbottom
Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:325-31. 2012..We present two studies comparing the impact of patient and doctor stories on hypothetical dialysis modality choices among an experimental population...
- Evaluating the quality of patient leaflets about renal replacement therapy across UK renal unitsAnna Winterbottom
Institute of Psychological Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2291-6. 2007..This research aims to audit the provision of patient information by renal units and charities and to assess the quality of written information about dialysis treatment options...
- A randomised controlled trial of patient led training in medical education: protocolAnna E Winterbottom
Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, UK
BMC Med Educ 10:90. 2010..The present study aims to undertake a randomised controlled trial of patient-led teaching of junior doctors about patient safety...
- Does narrative information bias individual's decision making? A systematic reviewAnna Winterbottom
School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9JT, UK anna winterbottom co uk
Soc Sci Med 67:2079-88. 2008..Until evidence is provided on why and how narratives influence decision making, the use of narratives in interventions to facilitate medical decision making should be treated cautiously...
- Choosing dialysis modality: decision making in a chronic illness contextAnna Winterbottom
Senior Research Fellow, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Health Expect 17:710-23. 2014..This study describes patients' decision making about dialysis and understands how the experience of CKD is associated with treatment choice...
- Disabling musculoskeletal pain and its relation to somatization: a community-based postal surveyKeith T Palmer
MRC Environmental Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 55:612-7. 2005..Somatization (a tendency to report distress from somatic symptoms) is a little studied, but potentially important, confounder and effect modifier in occupational studies of musculoskeletal disease...