- Semaphorin 3A and 3F: key players in myelin repair in multiple sclerosis?Anna Williams
INSERM, U711, Paris, F 75013 and Université Pierre and Marie Curie, Faculte de Medecine, IFR 70, Paris, France
Brain 130:2554-65. 2007..We also provide evidence for their up-regulation at a distance from the lesion, in the neuronal cell bodies corresponding to the demyelinated axons. We propose that both of these mechanisms influence remyelination...
- Remyelination in multiple sclerosisGabrièle Piaton
UMRS, Inserm 975, CR Icm, Paris, France
Prog Brain Res 175:453-64. 2009..Deciphering the mechanisms underlying myelin repair success or failure should open new avenues for designing strategies aimed at favoring endogenous remyelination...
- Imaging central nervous system myelin by positron emission tomography in multiple sclerosis using [methyl-¹¹C]-2-(4'-methylaminophenyl)- 6-hydroxybenzothiazoleBruno Stankoff
INSERM, U975, Paris, France Faculty of Medicine, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 69:673-80. 2011..Here we questioned whether the thioflavine-T derivative 2-(4'-methylaminophenyl)-6-hydroxybenzothiazole (PIB), which also binds to amyloid plaques, could serve as a myelin marker...
- Promoting repair in multiple sclerosis: problems and prospectsCatherine Lubetzki
Federation de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 18:237-44. 2005..We review recent breakthroughs in this field and discuss their putative applications to therapy...
- Astrocytes--friends or foes in multiple sclerosis?Anna Williams
INSERM, U711, Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, Faculte de Medecine, IFR 70, Paris F 75013, France, and Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Glia 55:1300-12. 2007..We review these findings to try to provide a cogent view of astrocytes in the pathology of MS...
- From fish to man: understanding endogenous remyelination in central nervous system demyelinating diseasesMonique Dubois-Dalcq
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Bethesda, MD 20892 3706, USA
Brain 131:1686-700. 2008..We propose that expansion of this research field will help find ways to maintain or enhance spontaneous remyelination in man...
- Periaxin mutations cause a broad spectrum of demyelinating neuropathiesHiroshi Takashima
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Neurol 51:709-15. 2002..Our study indicates a prominent sensory neuropathy resulting from periaxin gene mutations and suggests a role for the carboxyl terminal domain of the periaxin protein...
- Clinicopathological and genetic study of early-onset demyelinating neuropathyYesim Parman
Department of Neurology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Millet Cad, Capa, 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
Brain 127:2540-50. 2004..We did not discern a specific pattern of histopathology that could be correlated to mutations in a particular gene...
- Vanishing diplopia: a problem caseMyles Connor
Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline, UK
Pract Neurol 7:268-71. 2007