Affiliation: Westminster Primary Care Trust
- Environmental tobacco smoke and prevalent coronary heart disease among never smokers in the Scottish MONICA surveysR Chen
Cardiovascular Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Cardiovascular Research, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Occup Environ Med 61:790-2. 2004
- Nasal, eye, and skin irritation in dockyard paintersR Chen
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Occup Environ Med 58:542-3. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Irritant symptoms occur more often in dockyard painters than in controls, and this is likely to be a response to exposure to paint...
- [An epidemiological and clinical study of primary gout]Q Wang
The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical School of Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong 515041, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 40:313-5. 2001..The difference of geography, climate, food and lifestyle could be responsible for the different prevalence in different area...
- Measurement of passive smoking in adults: self-reported questionnaire or serum cotinine?R Chen
Cardiovascular Epidemiology Unit, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
J Cancer Epidemiol Prev 7:85-95. 2002..We examined the relationship of serum cotinine to different self-reported ETS questionnaires in a large community-based study...
- Trends and social factors in blood pressure control in Scottish MONICA surveys 1986-1995: the rule of halves revisitedR Chen
Cardiovascular Epidemiology Unit, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
J Hum Hypertens 17:751-9. 2003..Control of blood pressure is not positively associated with social deprivation, but people at a high risk of poor control of hypertension should be targeted...
- A prospective study of HDL-C and cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene mutations and the risk of coronary heart disease in the elderlyJ D Curb
Pacific Health Research Institute, Honolulu, HI, USA
J Lipid Res 45:948-53. 2004..These data indicate that HDL-C remains an important risk factor for CHD in the elderly. Whether a CETP mutation offers additional protection against CHD warrants further investigation...
- beta2-Adrenergic receptor gene variations associated with stage-2 hypertension in northern Han ChineseD Ge
Division of Population Genetics and Prevention, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 167 Beilishi Road, Beijing 100037, China
Ann Hum Genet 69:36-44. 2005..001). These results indicate that the Gly16 and Gln27 alleles of the ADRB2 gene confer an increased risk for stage-2 hypertension in this northern Han Chinese population...
- Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomesBoyd E Metzger
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1991-2002. 2008..It is controversial whether maternal hyperglycemia less severe than that in diabetes mellitus is associated with increased risks of adverse pregnancy outcomes...