Genomes and Genes
Jacqueline K White
Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Optimising experimental design for high-throughput phenotyping in mice: a case studyNatasha A Karp
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Mamm Genome 21:467-76. 2010..Consequently, in confirmatory studies, a power analysis along with the 3Rs can provide justification to increase the number of mice used...
- High-fat feeding rapidly induces obesity and lipid derangements in C57BL/6N miceChristine Podrini
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK
Mamm Genome 24:240-51. 2013..Our results suggest that the B6N mouse strain is a versatile background for studying diet-induced metabolic syndrome and may also represent a model for early nonalcoholic fatty liver disease...
- Genome-wide generation and systematic phenotyping of knockout mice reveals new roles for many genesJacqueline K White
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Cell 154:452-64. 2013..Phenotypic data and more than 900 mutants are openly available for further analysis. PAPERCLIP: ..
- Experimental and husbandry procedures as potential modifiers of the results of phenotyping testsAnna Karin Gerdin
Mouse Genetics Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Physiol Behav 106:602-11. 2012..These results have important implications for the design and implementation of multiple component experiments where the lasting effects of stress from previous tests may modify the outcomes of subsequent ones...
- The fallacy of ratio correction to address confounding factorsNatasha A Karp
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Lab Anim 46:245-52. 2012..This study is therefore a clear example of why assumption testing is an important component of a study and thus why it is included in the Animal Research: Reporting of In Vivo Experiment (ARRIVE) guidelines...
- Mcph1-deficient mice reveal a role for MCPH1 in otitis mediaJing Chen
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e58156. 2013....
- Omi, a recessive mutation on chromosome 10, is a novel allele of Ostm1Erika A Bosman
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Mamm Genome 24:44-53. 2013..To date we have not been able to identify the causative mutation. We propose that omi is a novel hypomorphic mutation affecting Ostm1 expression, potentially in a regulatory element...
- Targeting of Slc25a21 is associated with orofacial defects and otitis media due to disrupted expression of a neighbouring geneSimon Maguire
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e91807. 2014..We explore the ramifications associated with this particular targeted mutation and emphasise the need to interpret phenotypes taking into consideration all potential underlying genetic mechanisms...
- Generation of the Sotos syndrome deletion in miceAnna M Migdalska
Experimental Cancer Genetics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH, UK
Mamm Genome 23:749-57. 2012..Thus, haploinsufficiency of genes within the mouse 4732471D19Rik-B4galt7 deletion interval play important roles in growth, memory retention, and the development of the renal pelvicalyceal system...
- Disruption of mouse Cenpj, a regulator of centriole biogenesis, phenocopies Seckel syndromeRebecca E McIntyre
Experimental Cancer Genetics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 8:e1003022. 2012..Increased cell death due to mitotic failure during embryonic development is likely to contribute to the proportionate dwarfism that is associated with CENPJ-Seckel syndrome...
- Large-scale mouse knockouts and phenotypesRamiro Ramirez-Solis
Mouse Pipelines, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 4:547-63. 2012..It is a challenging and exciting time to work in mouse genetics...