Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Defining a genomic radius for long-range enhancer action: duplicated conserved non-coding elements hold the keyTanya Vavouri
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK, CB10 1SA
Trends Genet 22:5-10. 2006..This enables us to provide the first systematic estimate of the genomic range for distal cis-regulatory interactions in the human genome: half of CNEs are >250 kb away from their associated gene...
- Parallel evolution of conserved non-coding elements that target a common set of developmental regulatory genes from worms to humansTanya Vavouri
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Genome Biol 8:R15. 2007..Despite their extreme sequence conservation in vertebrates, sequences homologous to CNEs have not been identified in invertebrates...
- Prediction of cis-regulatory elements using binding site matrices--the successes, the failures and the reasons for bothTanya Vavouri
Comparative Genomics Group, MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomics Research, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Curr Opin Genet Dev 15:395-402. 2005..Nonetheless, a combination of experimental, computational and comparative data is likely to reveal aspects of complex regulatory networks in vertebrates, just as it has already done for simple eukaryotic genomes...
- Molecular characterisation of the SAND protein family: a study based on comparative genomics, structural bioinformatics and phylogenyAmanda Cottage
MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomic Research, Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Cell Mol Biol Lett 9:739-53. 2004..A comprehensive evaluation of yeast and human functional studies in conjunction with our in silico analysis has identified potential roles for some of these motifs...
- Theatre: A software tool for detailed comparative analysis and visualization of genomic sequenceYvonne J K Edwards
Comparative Genomics Group, Research Division, MRC UK Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SB, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 31:3510-7. 2003..Theatre can be accessed at http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Registered/Webapp/theatre/...