William C Skarnes
Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- BayGenomics: a resource of insertional mutations in mouse embryonic stem cellsDoug Stryke
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:278-81. 2003..They can then obtain the mutant ES cell line for the purpose of generating knockout mice...
- A conditional knockout resource for the genome-wide study of mouse gene functionWilliam C Skarnes
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 474:337-42. 2011....
- Two ways to trap a gene in miceWilliam C Skarnes
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13001-2. 2005
- Large-scale identification of microRNA targets in murine Dgcr8-deficient embryonic stem cell linesMatthew P A Davis
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e41762. 2012..Additionally, our experiments have revealed a novel candidate for Dgcr8-independent microRNA genesis and highlighted the challenges currently facing miRNA annotation...
- Bi-allelic gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem cellsPeri H Tate
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Morgan Building, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
Methods 53:331-8. 2011..Inducible homozygous cells described here provide a precisely controlled experimental system to study gene function in a model cell...
- MiR-25 regulates Wwp2 and Fbxw7 and promotes reprogramming of mouse fibroblast cells to iPSCsDong Lu
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e40938. 2012..Recent studies also demonstrate that some miRNAs have important roles in reprogramming somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)...
- BioMart as an integration solution for the International Knockout Mouse ConsortiumDarren J Oakley
The Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH
Database (Oxford) 2011:bar028. 2011..Here, we describe these datasets in more detail and illustrate the functionality of the portal using several examples...
- Agouti C57BL/6N embryonic stem cells for mouse genetic resourcesStephen J Pettitt
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Cambridge, UK
Nat Methods 6:493-5. 2009..These cells provide a robust foundation for large-scale mouse knockout programs that aim to provide a public resource of targeted mutations in the C57BL/6 genetic background...
- The International Gene Trap Consortium Website: a portal to all publicly available gene trap cell lines in mouseAlex S Nord
University of California San Francisco, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94143-2240, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:D642-8. 2006....
- JAM-A expression during embryonic developmentJames J Parris
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Dev Dyn 233:1517-24. 2005..Thus, JAM-A is prominently expressed in embryonic vasculature and the epithelial components of several organ systems and may have an important role in their development...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induction of the Grp78/BiP promoter: activating mechanisms mediated by YY1 and its interactive chromatin modifiersPeter Baumeister
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Room 5308, MC 9176, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4529-40. 2005..A model for the ER stress-mediated transcription factor binding and chromatin modifications at the Grp78 promoter leading to its activation is proposed...
- A public gene trap resource for mouse functional genomicsWilliam C Skarnes
Nat Genet 36:543-4. 2004