Bee L Ng
Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Chromosomal evolution among leaf-nosed nectarivorous bats--evidence from cross-species chromosome painting (Phyllostomidae, Chiroptera)Cibele G Sotero-Caio
Department of Biological Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
BMC Evol Biol 13:276. 2013..There are still disagreements regarding their systematic relationships due to morphological convergence among some groups. Their history of karyotypic evolution also remains to be documented...
- Definition of the zebrafish genome using flow cytometry and cytogenetic mappingJennifer L Freeman
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
BMC Genomics 8:195. 2007..Cytogenetic approaches provide "anchors" that can be integrated with accumulating genomic data...
- Expression of mammalian GPCRs in C. elegans generates novel behavioural responses to human ligandsMichelle S Teng
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK
BMC Biol 4:22. 2006..We sought to test this by functionally expressing two medically important mammalian GPCRs, somatostatin receptor 2 (Sstr2) and chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) in the gustatory neurons of C. elegans...
- Factors affecting flow karyotype resolutionBee Ling Ng
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Cytometry A 69:1028-36. 2006..We have investigated the factors involved in the preparation of chromosome suspensions that influence karyotype resolution...
- Flow analysis and sorting of microchromosomes (<3 Mb)Bee L Ng
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
Cytometry A 71:410-3. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the capability of using a conventional flow cytometer for the detection and sorting at high purity microchromosomes with an estimated size of 2.7 Mb...
- Laser excitation power and the flow cytometric resolution of complex karyotypesBee L Ng
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
Cytometry A 77:585-8. 2010..This study demonstrates the requirement for high-laser powers for the accurate detection and purification of chromosomes, particularly from complex karyotypes, using a conventional flow cytometer...
- Chromosome paints from single copies of chromosomesSusan Gribble
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Chromosome Res 12:143-51. 2004..e. from single cells or from small pieces of microdissected tissue...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2-mediated translational control of IAPs blocks mitochondrial release of Smac/DIABLO and apoptosis in small cell lung cancer cellsOlivier E Pardo
Lung Cancer Biology Group, Cancer Research UK, London SW3, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 23:7600-10. 2003....
- Micro-array analyses decipher exceptional complex familial chromosomal rearrangementChristine Fauth
Institut fur Humangenetik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 32, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Hum Genet 119:145-53. 2006..We detail the most complicated familial complex chromosomal rearrangement reported to date and thus an extreme example of inheritance of chromosomal rearrangements without error in meiotic segregation...