A J Mungall
Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- The human homologue of unc-93 maps to chromosome 6q27 - characterisation and analysis in sporadic epithelial ovarian cancerYing Liu
Cancer Research UK Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9DS, UK
BMC Genet 3:20. 2002..To accelerate the identification of genes, we sequenced the entire contig of approximately 1.1 Mb. Seven genes were identified within the region of allele loss between D6S264 and D6S149...
- The evolution of imprinting: chromosomal mapping of orthologues of mammalian imprinted domains in monotreme and marsupial mammalsCarol A Edwards
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
BMC Evol Biol 7:157. 2007..There are several theories to account for how the mechanism evolved including the hypothesis that it was driven by the evolution of X-inactivation, or that it arose from an ancestrally imprinted chromosome...
- The DNA sequence and analysis of human chromosome 6A J Mungall
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 425:805-11. 2003..Within the essential immune loci of the major histocompatibility complex, we find HLA-B to be the most polymorphic gene on chromosome 6 and in the human genome...
- The physical maps for sequencing human chromosomes 1, 6, 9, 10, 13, 20 and XD R Bentley
The Sanger Centre, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Nature 409:942-3. 2001..By measuring the remaining gaps, we can assess chromosome length and coverage in sequenced clones...
- The organization of the gamma-glutamyl transferase genes and other low copy repeats in human chromosome 22q11J E Collins
Sanger Centre, Hinxton, Cambs, UK
Genome Res 7:522-31. 1997..This approach has allowed us to resolve the previous cDNA and mapping information relating to GGT and link it to the physical map of 22q11...
- Characterization of clustered MHC-linked olfactory receptor genes in human and mouseR M Younger
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB10 1SA, UK
Genome Res 11:519-30. 2001..Taken together with our previous finding that ORs are also polymorphic, the presented data indicate that the expression, function, and evolution of these interesting genes might be more complex than previously thought...
- Cloning and characterization of two overlapping genes in a subregion at 6q21 involved in replicative senescence and schizophreniaC Morelli
Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, Section of Microbiology and Interdepartment Center for Biotechnology, University of Ferrara, I 44100, Ferrara, Italy
Gene 252:217-25. 2000..In addition, the common fragile site FRA6F was mapped in the same region. Cloning and characterization of C6orf4-6 and C6UAS may help to clarify the structure and the functional role of this important region...
- Comparison of human genetic and sequence-based physical mapsA Yu
Center for Medical Genetics, Marshfield Medical Research Foundation, Wisconsin 54449, USA
Nature 409:951-3. 2001..Linkage disequilibrium was much more common and extended for greater distances in the deserts than in the jungles...
- The genomic structure and promoter region of the human parkin geneS Asakawa
Department of Molecular Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:863-8. 2001..Furthermore, we located a neighboring novel gene in a head-to-head direction with Parkin with only a 198-bp interval...
- Alternative splicing, genomic structure, and fine chromosome localization of REV3LC Morelli
Department of Diagnostic and Experimental Medicine, Section of Microbiology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara Italy
Cytogenet Cell Genet 83:18-20. 1998..The gene contains 33 exons in about 200 kb of genomic DNA. In contrast to the previously reported sequence, an additional exon and an alternative splicing site are demonstrated...