Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Serial BLAST searchingIan Korf
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, CB10 1SA, UK
Bioinformatics 19:1492-6. 2003..RESULTS: Serial BLAST searches improve both the speed and sensitivity...
- Gene finding in novel genomesIan Korf
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, CB10 1SA, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 5:59. 2004..Computational gene prediction continues to be an important problem, especially for genomes with little experimental data...
- A probabilistic model of 3' end formation in Caenorhabditis elegansAshwin Hajarnavis
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SA, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 32:3392-9. 2004..We have made available a complete set of polyadenylation site predictions for the C.elegans genome, including a subset of 6570 supported by aligned transcripts...
- CEGMA: a pipeline to accurately annotate core genes in eukaryotic genomesGenis Parra
UC Davis Genome Center, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Bioinformatics 23:1061-7. 2007..Unfortunately, many new genome projects lack comprehensive experimental data to derive a reliable initial set of genes...
- The Bioperl toolkit: Perl modules for the life sciencesJason E Stajich
University Program in Genetics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Genome Res 12:1611-8. 2002..We conclude with a discussion of how the open-source nature of the project has contributed to the development effort...
- Leveraging the mouse genome for gene prediction in human: from whole-genome shotgun reads to a global synteny mapPaul Flicek
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Genome Res 13:46-54. 2003..Our human annotation using the mouse assembly is conservative, predicting only 25,622 genes, and appears to be one of the best de novo annotations of the human genome to date...
- Initial sequencing and comparative analysis of the mouse genomeRobert H Waterston
Genome Sequencing Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8501, 4444 Forest Park Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Nature 420:520-62. 2002....
- Draft genome of the filarial nematode parasite Brugia malayiElodie Ghedin
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Science 317:1756-60. 2007..malayi to niches in its human and vector hosts and insights into the molecular basis of a mutualistic relationship with its Wolbachia endosymbiont. These findings offer a foundation for rational drug design...
- MAKER: an easy-to-use annotation pipeline designed for emerging model organism genomesBrandi L Cantarel
Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genome Res 18:188-96. 2008..MAKER should prove especially useful for emerging model organism genome projects for which extensive bioinformatics resources may not be readily available...
- Promoter-proximal introns in Arabidopsis thaliana are enriched in dispersed signals that elevate gene expressionAlan B Rose
Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Plant Cell 20:543-51. 2008..The signals responsible for intron-mediated enhancement are apparently conserved between Arabidopsis and rice (Oryza sativa) despite the large evolutionary distance separating these plants...