Christiane Hertz Fowler
Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Integration of tools and resources for display and analysis of genomic data for protozoan parasitesMartin Aslett
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Int J Parasitol 35:481-93. 2005..We then focus on the GeneDB project, detailing the features and tools currently available through it. Finally, we discuss data curation and its importance in keeping genomic data 'relevant' to the research community...
- The genome sequence of Trypanosoma brucei gambiense, causative agent of chronic human african trypanosomiasisAndrew P Jackson
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e658. 2010..b. gambiense and the reference genome. We sought to identify features that were uniquely associated with T. b. gambiense and its ability to infect humans...
- GeneDB: a resource for prokaryotic and eukaryotic organismsChristiane Hertz-Fowler
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 32:D339-43. 2004..The current release stores 11 datasets of which six are curated and maintained by biologists, who review and incorporate information from the scientific literature, public databases and the respective research communities...
- Telomeric expression sites are highly conserved in Trypanosoma bruceiChristiane Hertz-Fowler
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e3527. 2008..This work opens important perspectives in understanding the molecular mechanisms of antigenic variation, a widely used strategy for immune evasion in pathogens, and telomere biology...
- Sequence data swell for nematodesChristiane Hertz-Fowler
Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Nat Rev Microbiol 6:800-1. 2008..This month's Genome Watch describes genomes of several nematodes, including that of the human filarial parasite Brugia malayi...
- The genome of the kinetoplastid parasite, Leishmania majorAlasdair C Ivens
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SA, UK
Science 309:436-42. 2005..Abundant RNA-binding proteins are encoded in the Tritryp genomes, consistent with active posttranscriptional regulation of gene expression...
- The genome of the African trypanosome Trypanosoma bruceiMatthew Berriman
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Science 309:416-22. 2005..brucei and the greatest in L. major. Horizontal transfer of genes of bacterial origin has contributed to some of the metabolic differences in these parasites, and a number of novel potential drug targets have been identified...
- Comparative genomics of trypanosomatid parasitic protozoaNajib M El-Sayed
Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Science 309:404-9. 2005..Contrary to recent reports, our analyses reveal no evidence that these species are descended from an ancestor that contained a photosynthetic endosymbiont...
- A feast of protozoan genomesChristiane Hertz-Fowler
Nat Rev Microbiol 3:670-1. 2005
- Continuing tsetse and Trypanosoma genome sequencing projectsChristiane Hertz-Fowler
Trends Parasitol 20:308-9; author reply 309-10. 2004
- Parasite genome databases and web-based resourcesChristiane Hertz-Fowler
Pathogen Sequencing Unit, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK
Methods Mol Biol 270:45-74. 2004..Particular attention is given to three databases, GeneDB (http://www.genedb.org/), PlasmoDB (http://plasmodb. org/), and tigr db, detailing the scope of each database and the tools available for data querying and retrieval...
- The DNA sequence of chromosome I of an African trypanosome: gene content, chromosome organisation, recombination and polymorphismNeil Hall
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 31:4864-73. 2003..Genetic polymorphisms are exceptionally rare in sequences located within and around the strand-switches between several gene clusters...
- The minimum information about a genome sequence (MIGS) specificationDawn Field
Natural Environmental Research Council Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
Nat Biotechnol 26:541-7. 2008..As part of its wider goals, the GSC also supports improving the 'transparency' of the information contained in existing genomic databases...
- Genomic adaptation: a fungal perspectiveArnab Pain
Nat Rev Microbiol 6:572-3. 2008
- Genomic-scale prioritization of drug targets: the TDR Targets databaseFernan Aguero
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas, Universidad Nacional de General San Martin, San Martin 1650, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nat Rev Drug Discov 7:900-7. 2008..By allowing the integration and weighting of this information, this database aims to facilitate the identification and prioritization of candidate drug targets for pathogens...