Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- The ChEMBL database as linked open dataEgon L Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics BiGCaT, Maastricht University, P, O, Box 616, UNS50 Box 19, NL 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cheminform 5:23. 2013..RDF makes the data machine-readable and uses extensible vocabularies for additional information, making it easier to scale up inference and data analysis...
- UniChem: a unified chemical structure cross-referencing and identifier tracking systemJon Chambers
ChEMBL, Hinxton, CB10 1SD, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Cheminform 5:3. 2013....
- Dovetailing biology and chemistry: integrating the Gene Ontology with the ChEBI chemical ontologyDavid P Hill
Mouse Genome Informatics, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
BMC Genomics 14:513. 2013....
- Process attributes in bio-ontologiesAndré Q Andrade
Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Documentation, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
BMC Bioinformatics 13:217. 2012....
- The ChEBI reference database and ontology for biologically relevant chemistry: enhancements for 2013Janna Hastings
Department of Cheminformatics and Metabolism, European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB10 1SD, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 41:D456-63. 2013..Finally, our website and web services have had several enhancements, most notably the provision of a dynamic new interactive graph-based ontology visualization...
- Ontologies for human behavior analysis and their application to clinical dataJanna Hastings
Swiss Center for Affective Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int Rev Neurobiol 103:89-107. 2012..We focus on the benefits of ontologies for clinical data management and for facilitating translational research for the development of novel therapeutics to treat challenging and debilitating conditions...
- Accessing and using chemical property databasesJanna Hastings
European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, UK
Methods Mol Biol 929:193-219. 2012....
- Unintended consequences of existential quantifications in biomedical ontologiesMartin Boeker
Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 12:456. 2011..Based on the interpretations underlying OWL description logics (OWL-DL) semantics, we scrutinize the OWL-DL releases of OBO ontologies to assess whether their logical axioms correspond to the meaning intended by their authors...
- Structure-based classification and ontology in chemistryJanna Hastings
Cheminformatics and Metabolism, European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, UK
J Cheminform 4:8. 2012..abstract:..
- The chemical information ontology: provenance and disambiguation for chemical data on the biological semantic webJanna Hastings
Chemoinformatics and Metabolism, European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e25513. 2011..The Chemical Information Ontology is being developed as an open collaborative project. More details, together with a downloadable OWL file, are available at http://code.google.com/p/semanticchemistry/ (license: CC-BY-SA)...
- Chemical Entities of Biological Interest: an updatePaula de Matos
Chemoinformatics and Metabolism Team, European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 38:D249-54. 2010....
- ChEBI: an open bioinformatics and cheminformatics resourceKirill Degtyarenko
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Curr Protoc Bioinformatics . 2009..This unit provides a detailed guide to browsing, searching, downloading, and programmatic access to the ChEBI database...
- The MetaboLights repository: curation challenges in metabolomicsReza M Salek
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cheminformatics and Metabolism, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SD, UK
Database (Oxford) 2013:bat029. 2013..Here, we describe the MetaboLights curation pipeline, its challenges and its practical application in quality control of complex data depositions. Database URL: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/metabolights...
- MetaboLights--an open-access general-purpose repository for metabolomics studies and associated meta-dataKenneth Haug
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SD, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 41:D781-6. 2013..Eight hundred twenty-seven of the metabolites identified in these studies have been mapped to ChEBI. These studies cover a variety of techniques, including NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry...
- A database for chemical proteomics: ChEBIPaula de Matos
European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, UK
Methods Mol Biol 803:273-96. 2012..The ChEBI database also provides a central reference point in which to access a variety of bioinformatics data points such as pathways and their biochemical reactions; expression data; protein sequence and structures...
- ChEBI: a database and ontology for chemical entities of biological interestKirill Degtyarenko
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D344-50. 2008..ChEBI includes an ontological classification, whereby the relationships between molecular entities or classes of entities and their parents and/or children are specified. ChEBI is available online at http://www.ebi.ac.uk/chebi/..