- Evaluation of filter paper transfer of whole-blood and plasma samples for quantifying HIV RNA in subjects on antiretroviral therapy in UgandaLaura Waters
St Stephens AIDS Trust, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:590-3. 2007..We investigated filter paper transfer (FPT) of whole blood and plasma as an alternative to standard plasma-based assays for virologic monitoring in Uganda...
- Why do patients fail HIV therapy?L Waters
St Stephen s Centre, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Int J Clin Pract 61:983-90. 2007..With all regimens good adherence remains the key to successful therapy; minimising toxicity and other barriers to adherence wherever possible is crucial...
- Long-term complications of antiretroviral therapy: lipoatrophyL Waters
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Department of HIV GU Medicine, London, UK
Int J Clin Pract 61:999-1014. 2007..Ultimately, prevention of this condition is the best approach by avoiding thymidine analogues wherever possible or careful monitoring with early switching away from these agents. New therapies to treat pre-existing fat loss are required...
- Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors: a reviewL Waters
Department of HIV GU Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Int J Clin Pract 61:105-18. 2007..Here we review nevirapine and efavirenz in terms of efficacy, resistance and toxicity, focusing particularly on the use of nevirapine to prevent mother-to-child transmission in developing countries...
- A dedicated clinic for HIV-positive individuals over 50 years of age: a multidisciplinary experienceL Waters
Department of GU HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Int J STD AIDS 23:546-52. 2012..The clinic has improved general practitioner (GP) liaison and facilitated closer working relationships with other specialties. Patients have reacted positively to the clinic, particularly as many do not routinely access their GP...
- Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension in HIV-infected individualsA Scourfield
Department of HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Int J STD AIDS 22:324-8. 2011..This is consistent with other cohorts demonstrating an association between the didanosine exposure and NCPH. Our data also suggest an increased risk of pulmonary hypertension...
- Impact of different low-dose ritonavir regimens on lipids, CD36, and adipophilin expressionS Collot-Teixeira
1Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, London, UK
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:375-8. 2009..The ritonavir concentration in the plasma correlated with changes in triglycerides, HDL, and adipophilin (r = 0.34, P = 0.030; r = 0.33, P = 0.040; and r = 0.4, P = 0.01, respectively)...
- New drugsL Waters
Department of HIV Medicine, St Stephen's Centre, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
HIV Med 6:225-31. 2005
- Responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy and clinical events in patients with a low CD4 cell count: late presenters vs. late startersL Waters
Department of GU HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Foundation Trust, London, UK
HIV Med 12:289-98. 2011..We investigated whether adverse responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) associated with late HIV presentation are secondary to low CD4 cell count per se or other confounding factors...
- A comparison of the CD4 response to antiretroviral regimens in patients commencing therapy with low CD4 countsL Waters
St Stephen s Centre, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London SW10 9NH, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:503-7. 2004..To compare the immunological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in treatment-naive patients with a baseline CD4 count of <200 cells/mm(3)...