J R Kemm
Affiliation: Veterinary Laboratories Agency
- A birth cohort analysis of smoking by adults in Great Britain 1974-1998J R Kemm
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham
J Public Health Med 23:306-11. 2001....
- Health education: a case for resuscitationJ Kemm
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham BIS 2II, UK
Public Health 117:106-11. 2003..This paper argues that the worth of health education compared with other forms of health promotion has been grossly underestimated and it is time to re-assert its importance...
- A model to predict the results of changes in smoking behaviour on smoking prevalenceJohn Kemm
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
J Public Health Med 25:318-24. 2003..However, data on behaviour change rates (starting - never to current, quitting - current to ex and lapsing - ex to current) are not readily available and cannot be simply derived from or related to prevalence data...
- The limitations of 'evidence-based' public healthJohn Kemm
Health Impact Assessment Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 12:319-24. 2006..There are lessons from the way that evidence-based policy is being applied in public health that could usefully be taken back into medicine...
- Perspectives on health impact assessmentJohn Kemm
Bull World Health Organ 81:387. 2003