P G Vaughan-Shaw
- A simple method to overcome the inhibitory effect of heparin on DNA amplificationP G Vaughan-Shaw
Colon Cancer Genetics Group, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh and MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital Edinburgh, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 38:493-5. 2015..This technical note describes a number of simple steps that enable successful PCR amplification...
- A prospective case-control study of extralevator abdominoperineal excision (ELAPE) of the rectum versus conventional laparoscopic and open abdominoperineal excision: comparative analysis of short-term outcomes and quality of lifeP G Vaughan-Shaw
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
Tech Coloproctol 16:355-62. 2012..This study compares short-term outcomes and quality of life (QOL) after open and laparoscopic ELAPE, laparoscopic APE (LAPE), and open APE (OAPE)...
- Venous thromboembolism prevention in medical patients: a framework for improving practiceP G Vaughan-Shaw
Department of General Surgery, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO166YD, UK
Phlebology 26:62-8. 2011..This study assesses the current use of thromboprophylaxis in medical patients at our institution and aims to identify simple strategies to improve practice...
- Early experience with laparoscopic extralevator abdominoperineal excision within an enhanced recovery setting: analysis of short-term outcomes and quality of lifeP G Vaughan-Shaw
Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 93:451-9. 2011..We describe a minimally invasive approach to ELAPE within an enhanced recovery programme, and present short-term results and QOL analyses...
- Neutrophil lymphocyte ratio in outcome prediction after emergency abdominal surgery in the elderlyP G Vaughan-Shaw
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Int J Surg 10:157-62. 2012..g. P-POSSUM) whilst others have failed to gain widespread use. Recent reports suggest that C-reactive protein (CRP) and the neutrophil lymphocyte (N/L ratio) ratio may predict surgical outcome...
- A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of the opioid receptor antagonist alvimopan in reducing hospital length of stay and time to GI recovery in patients enrolled in a standardized accelerated recovery program after abdominal surgeryP G Vaughan-Shaw
Department of Lower GI Surgery, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 55:611-20. 2012..Alvimopan, an opioid-receptor antagonist, may reduce the incidence of postoperative ileus and expedite hospital discharge...