Affiliation: University of St Andrews
- Reassurance and distress behavior in preschool children undergoing dental preventive care procedures in a community setting: a multilevel observational studyYuefang Zhou
School of Medicine, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9TF, Scotland, UK
Ann Behav Med 48:100-11. 2014..The effect of reassurance in managing distress among children who receive procedures of a less aversive nature has not been fully investigated...
- How Do medical students respond to emotional cues and concerns expressed by simulated patients during OSCE consultations?--a multilevel studyYuefang Zhou
School of Medicine, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e79166. 2013..We aim to explore (i) whether medical students respond differently to different types of patients' emotional cues; and (2) possible effects of patients' progressive disclosure of emotional cues on students' responses...
- The behaviour of extended duties dental nurses and the acceptance of fluoride varnish application in preschool childrenY Zhou
School of Medicine, University of St Andrews, UK
Br Dent J 213:603-9. 2012..Extended duties dental nurses (EDDNs) have been trained to deliver fluoride varnish applications to preschool children as part of the Childsmile initiative in Scotland...
- Development of a novel coding scheme (SABICS) to record nurse-child interactive behaviours in a community dental preventive interventionYuefang Zhou
School of Medicine, University of St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9TS Scotland, UK
Patient Educ Couns 88:268-76. 2012..To develop and validate the St Andrews Behavioural Interaction Coding Scheme (SABICS): a tool to record nurse-child interactive behaviours...
- Camera-related behaviours of female dental nurses and nursery school children during fluoride varnish application interactions in nursery school settingsYuefang Zhou
Bute Medical School, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 20:374-81. 2010..To investigate camera awareness of female dental nurses and nursery school children as the frequency of camera-related behaviours observed during fluoride varnish applications in a community based health programme...
- Systematic review of the effect of dental staff behaviour on child dental patient anxiety and behaviourYuefang Zhou
Bute Medical School, University of St Andrews, UK
Patient Educ Couns 85:4-13. 2011....