- Surface-plasmon microscopy with a two-piece solid immersion lens: bright and dark fields
Applied Optics Group, School of Electronic Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK
Appl Opt 45:7977-86. 2006
..Finally, we introduce a simple Green's function model that illustrates the key features of both bright-field and dark-field surface-plasmon imaging...
- Confocal surface plasmon microscopy with pupil function engineering
IBiOS, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Opt Express 20:7388-97. 2012
..This system, however, places greater demands on the dynamic range of the system. We therefore use a spatial light modulator to engineer the microscope pupil function to suppress light that does not contribute to the signal...
- Polarization modulation thermal lens microscopy for imaging the orientation of non-spherical nanoparticles
IBiOS, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK
Opt Express 19:2643-8. 2011
..The technique, its implementation and experiment results are presented...
- Wide-field high-resolution surface-plasmon interference microscopy
Michael G Somekh
Institute of Biophysics Imaging and Optical Science, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Opt Lett 34:3110-2. 2009
..The presented images demonstrate contrast reversals at different defocus while retaining submicrometer lateral resolution. The contrast mechanisms are discussed as well as the instrumental requirements of the technique...
- Automatic detection and recognition of signs from natural scenes
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213 USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:87-99. 2004
..We have applied the approach in developing a Chinese sign translation system, which can automatically detect and recognize Chinese signs as input from a camera, and translate the recognized text into English...
- Preparation and characterization of scFv for affinity purification of reteplase
Institute of Molecular Medicine and State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, 210093, China
J Biochem Biophys Methods 67:27-36. 2006
..In conclusion, it has been demonstrated that humanized scFv prepared with this approach could be used as a practical affinity ligand for efficient and cost-effective purification of reteplase, as well as other therapeutic proteins...
- [Wireless medical monitoring--current status and developments]
Zhuang zhi Yan
School of Communications and Information Engineering, Shanghai University, Shanghai
Zhongguo Yi Liao Qi Xie Za Zhi 30:321-6. 2006
..Its status,developments in R&D and applications are presented with a series of examples. Limitations and potential uses of wireless medical monitoring are also discussed...
- Development and validation of flow cytometric measurement for parasitemia in cultures of P. falciparum vitally stained with YOYO-1
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20307 5100, USA
Cytometry A 71:297-307. 2007
..The need for improved malaria diagnostics has long been recognized...
- Raman spectroscopic investigation of solid samples using a low-repetition-rate pulsed Nd:YAG laser as the excitation source
State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 110, Dalian 116023, China
Appl Spectrosc 61:38-47. 2007