Victor A Zammit
Affiliation: University of Warwick
- Hepatic triacylglycerol synthesis and secretion: DGAT2 as the link between glycaemia and triglyceridaemiaVictor A Zammit
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry KA4 7AL, UK
Biochem J 451:1-12. 2013....
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1: central to cell functionVictor A Zammit
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, UK, CV4 7AL
IUBMB Life 60:347-54. 2008
- Carnitine, mitochondrial function and therapyVictor A Zammit
University of Warwick, Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Coventry, England, UK
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 61:1353-62. 2009....
- Packing of transmembrane domain 2 of carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1A affects oligomerization and malonyl-CoA sensitivity of the mitochondrial outer membrane proteinZsuzsanna A Jenei
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
FASEB J 25:4522-30. 2011....
- Diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 acts upstream of diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 and utilizes nascent diglycerides and de novo synthesized fatty acids in HepG2 cellsHaja R Wurie
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
FEBS J 279:3033-47. 2012..Therefore, we describe distinct but synergistic roles of the two DGATs in an integrated pathway of TAG synthesis and secretion, with DGAT2 acting upstream of DGAT1...
- Extra-nuclear telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT) regulates glucose transport in skeletal muscle cellsFozia Shaheen
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, Warwick Medical School, Clinical Sciences Research Laboratories, University of Warwick, CV2 2DX, UK Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:1762-9. 2014..Collectively, these findings identified a novel extra-nuclear function of TERT that regulates an insulin-insensitive pathway involved in glucose uptake in human and mouse skeletal muscle cells. ..
- Self-association of transmembrane domain 2 (TM2), but not TM1, in carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A: role of GXXXG(A) motifsZsuzsanna A Jenei
Department of Chemistry and Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:6988-97. 2009..In silico molecular modeling of rCPT1A TM2 highlighted the favorable orientation of GXXXG and GXXXA motifs in the formation of the TM2 hexamer...
- Diacylglycerol acyltransferases: Potential roles as pharmacological targetsVictor A Zammit
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Pharmacol Ther 118:295-302. 2008..The metabolic complexities of triglyceride synthesis, with particular reference to the diacylglycerol acyltransferases (DGATs) are considered in this short review...
- Alternative exon usage in the single CPT1 gene of Drosophila generates functional diversity in the kinetic properties of the enzyme: differential expression of alternatively spliced variants in Drosophila tissuesNigel T Price
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Gibbett Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:7857-65. 2010....
- The mitochondrial intermembrane loop region of rat carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A is a major determinant of its malonyl-CoA sensitivityKaren Borthwick
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, University Hospital Coventry and Warwick Campus, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
J Biol Chem 281:32946-52. 2006..The data suggest that the sequence spanning the loop-TM2 boundary determines the disposition of this TM in the membrane so as to alter the conformation of the C-terminal segment and thus affect its interaction with malonyl-CoA...
- Differential effects of fenofibrate or simvastatin treatment of rats on hepatic microsomal overt and latent diacylglycerol acyltransferase activitiesIan J Waterman
Cell Biochemistry, Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland
Diabetes 51:1708-13. 2002....
- Insulin stimulation of hepatic triacylglycerol secretion in the insulin-replete state: implications for the etiology of peripheral insulin resistanceVictor A Zammit
Cell Biochemistry, Hannah Research Institute, Ayr KA6 5HL, Scotland, United Kingdom
Ann N Y Acad Sci 967:52-65. 2002....
- Distinct ontogenic patterns of overt and latent DGAT activities of rat liver microsomesIan J Waterman
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 43:1555-62. 2002..We conclude that post-translational modification may play an important role in the overt and latent distribution of DGAT activity in the liver microsomal membrane...
- Cloning and expression of the liver and muscle isoforms of ovine carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1: residues within the N-terminus of the muscle isoform influence the kinetic properties of the enzymeNigel T Price
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr KA6 5HL, UK
Biochem J 372:871-9. 2003..The ovine N-terminal segment influences the kinetics of the enzyme for both its substrates, such that the K (m) for palmitoyl-CoA is decreased and that for carnitine is increased for the chimaera, relative to the parental ovine M-CPT 1...
- The transport of triglycerides through the secretory pathway of hepatocytes is impaired in apolipoprotein E deficient miceArjen R Mensenkamp
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University Hospital Groningen, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 40:599-606. 2004..Apolipoprotein E (apoE)-deficient mice develop hepatic steatosis and secrete reduced levels of VLDL-TG...
- The AMPK-malonyl-CoA-CPT1 axis in the control of hypothalamic neuronal functionVictor A Zammit
Cell Metab 8:175; author reply 176. 2008
- Myocardial carnitine palmitoyltransferase I expression and long-chain fatty acid oxidation in fetal and newborn lambsBeatrijs Bartelds
Dept of Pediatrics, University of Groningen, Research Lab CMCV 2, Hanzeplein 1, NL 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H2243-8. 2004..M-CPT I is expressed throughout perinatal development, making it a primary target for metabolic modulation of myocardial FA oxidation...
- Demonstration of N- and C-terminal domain intramolecular interactions in rat liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 that determine its degree of malonyl-CoA sensitivityAudrey Faye
Departement d Endocrinologie, Institut Cochin, INSERM U567, CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 8104, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Biochem J 387:67-76. 2005....
- Tyrosine nitration of carnitine palmitoyl transferase I during endotoxaemia in suckling ratsKoji Fukumoto
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Institute of Child Health, 30, Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1683:1-6. 2004..5 M dithionite, during immunoprecipitation, greatly decreased immunopositivity for M- and L-CPTI on WB. M-CPTI appears to be a novel target for peroxynitrite during endotoxaemia, which would alter myocardial substrate selection...
- Structural and functional genomics of the CPT1B gene for muscle-type carnitine palmitoyltransferase I in mammalsFeike R van der Leij
Department of Pediatrics, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University of Groningen and Beatrix Children s Hospital, Groningen 9700RB, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 277:26994-7005. 2002..Therefore, the involvement of splice variation of M-CPT I in the modulation of malonyl-CoA inhibition of fatty acid oxidation may be less relevant than hitherto assumed...