Victor A Zammit
Affiliation: University of Warwick
- Hepatic triacylglycerol synthesis and secretion: DGAT2 as the link between glycaemia and triglyceridaemiaVictor A Zammit
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry KA4 7AL, UK
Biochem J 451:1-12. 2013....
- Carnitine, mitochondrial function and therapyVictor A Zammit
University of Warwick, Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Coventry, England, UK
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 61:1353-62. 2009....
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1: central to cell functionVictor A Zammit
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, UK, CV4 7AL
IUBMB Life 60:347-54. 2008
- Packing of transmembrane domain 2 of carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1A affects oligomerization and malonyl-CoA sensitivity of the mitochondrial outer membrane proteinZsuzsanna A Jenei
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
FASEB J 25:4522-30. 2011....
- Diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 acts upstream of diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1 and utilizes nascent diglycerides and de novo synthesized fatty acids in HepG2 cellsHaja R Wurie
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
FEBS J 279:3033-47. 2012..Therefore, we describe distinct but synergistic roles of the two DGATs in an integrated pathway of TAG synthesis and secretion, with DGAT2 acting upstream of DGAT1...
- Alternative exon usage in the single CPT1 gene of Drosophila generates functional diversity in the kinetic properties of the enzyme: differential expression of alternatively spliced variants in Drosophila tissuesNigel T Price
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Gibbett Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:7857-65. 2010....
- Self-association of transmembrane domain 2 (TM2), but not TM1, in carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A: role of GXXXG(A) motifsZsuzsanna A Jenei
Department of Chemistry and Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:6988-97. 2009..In silico molecular modeling of rCPT1A TM2 highlighted the favorable orientation of GXXXG and GXXXA motifs in the formation of the TM2 hexamer...
- Diacylglycerol acyltransferases: Potential roles as pharmacological targetsVictor A Zammit
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Pharmacol Ther 118:295-302. 2008..The metabolic complexities of triglyceride synthesis, with particular reference to the diacylglycerol acyltransferases (DGATs) are considered in this short review...
- The mitochondrial intermembrane loop region of rat carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A is a major determinant of its malonyl-CoA sensitivityKaren Borthwick
Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, University Hospital Coventry and Warwick Campus, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
J Biol Chem 281:32946-52. 2006..The data suggest that the sequence spanning the loop-TM2 boundary determines the disposition of this TM in the membrane so as to alter the conformation of the C-terminal segment and thus affect its interaction with malonyl-CoA...
- Demonstration of N- and C-terminal domain intramolecular interactions in rat liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 that determine its degree of malonyl-CoA sensitivityAudrey Faye
Departement d Endocrinologie, Institut Cochin, INSERM U567, CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 8104, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Biochem J 387:67-76. 2005....
- Differential effects of fenofibrate or simvastatin treatment of rats on hepatic microsomal overt and latent diacylglycerol acyltransferase activitiesIan J Waterman
Cell Biochemistry, Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland
Diabetes 51:1708-13. 2002....
- Insulin stimulation of hepatic triacylglycerol secretion in the insulin-replete state: implications for the etiology of peripheral insulin resistanceVictor A Zammit
Cell Biochemistry, Hannah Research Institute, Ayr KA6 5HL, Scotland, United Kingdom
Ann N Y Acad Sci 967:52-65. 2002....
- Distinct ontogenic patterns of overt and latent DGAT activities of rat liver microsomesIan J Waterman
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 43:1555-62. 2002..We conclude that post-translational modification may play an important role in the overt and latent distribution of DGAT activity in the liver microsomal membrane...
- Cloning and expression of the liver and muscle isoforms of ovine carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1: residues within the N-terminus of the muscle isoform influence the kinetic properties of the enzymeNigel T Price
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr KA6 5HL, UK
Biochem J 372:871-9. 2003..The ovine N-terminal segment influences the kinetics of the enzyme for both its substrates, such that the K (m) for palmitoyl-CoA is decreased and that for carnitine is increased for the chimaera, relative to the parental ovine M-CPT 1...
- Myocardial carnitine palmitoyltransferase I expression and long-chain fatty acid oxidation in fetal and newborn lambsBeatrijs Bartelds
Dept of Pediatrics, University of Groningen, Research Lab CMCV 2, Hanzeplein 1, NL 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H2243-8. 2004..M-CPT I is expressed throughout perinatal development, making it a primary target for metabolic modulation of myocardial FA oxidation...
- The AMPK-malonyl-CoA-CPT1 axis in the control of hypothalamic neuronal functionVictor A Zammit
Cell Metab 8:175; author reply 176. 2008
- The transport of triglycerides through the secretory pathway of hepatocytes is impaired in apolipoprotein E deficient miceArjen R Mensenkamp
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University Hospital Groningen, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 40:599-606. 2004..Apolipoprotein E (apoE)-deficient mice develop hepatic steatosis and secrete reduced levels of VLDL-TG...
- Tyrosine nitration of carnitine palmitoyl transferase I during endotoxaemia in suckling ratsKoji Fukumoto
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Institute of Child Health, 30, Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1683:1-6. 2004..5 M dithionite, during immunoprecipitation, greatly decreased immunopositivity for M- and L-CPTI on WB. M-CPTI appears to be a novel target for peroxynitrite during endotoxaemia, which would alter myocardial substrate selection...
- Structural and functional genomics of the CPT1B gene for muscle-type carnitine palmitoyltransferase I in mammalsFeike R van der Leij
Department of Pediatrics, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University of Groningen and Beatrix Children s Hospital, Groningen 9700RB, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 277:26994-7005. 2002..Therefore, the involvement of splice variation of M-CPT I in the modulation of malonyl-CoA inhibition of fatty acid oxidation may be less relevant than hitherto assumed...