Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Chk1 is required for spindle checkpoint functionGeorge Zachos
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 12:247-60. 2007..In addition, Chk1-deficient cells exhibit increased resistance to taxol. These results suggest a mechanism through which Chk1 could protect against tumorigenesis through its role in spindle checkpoint signaling...
- Exercising restraints: role of Chk1 in regulating the onset and progression of unperturbed mitosis in vertebrate cellsGeorge Zachos
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
Cell Cycle 6:810-3. 2007..Specifically, Chk1 is required for proper regulation of the mitotic Aurora-B kinase which ensures that anaphase proceeds only once all kinetochores have achieved bipolar attachment to microtubules and are under tension...
- Chk1-dependent S-M checkpoint delay in vertebrate cells is linked to maintenance of viable replication structuresGeorge Zachos
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Rd, Glasgow G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 25:563-74. 2005....
- Lethal errors in checkpoint control--life without Chk1George Zachos
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, CR UK Beatson Laboratories, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Cell Cycle 2:14-6. 2003
- Analysing the DNA damage and replication checkpoints in DT40 cellsMichael D Rainey
CR UK Beatson Laboratories, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD
Subcell Biochem 40:107-17. 2006..In future, these and other DT40 mutants will provide powerful tools for understanding the molecular basis of these unexpected differences and detailed studies of checkpoint mechanisms...
- Chk1-deficient tumour cells are viable but exhibit multiple checkpoint and survival defectsGeorge Zachos
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK Beatson Laboratories, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
EMBO J 22:713-23. 2003..Furthermore, Chk1-dependent processes promote tumour cell survival after perturbations of DNA structure or metabolism...
- Chk1 requirement for high global rates of replication fork progression during normal vertebrate S phaseEva Petermann
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Science Park Road, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RQ, UK
Mol Cell Biol 26:3319-26. 2006....
- DNA damage induces Chk1-dependent centrosome amplificationEmer Bourke
Department of Biochemistry and NCBES, National University of Ireland Galway, University Road, Galway, Ireland
EMBO Rep 8:603-9. 2007....
- CK2 protein kinase is stimulated and redistributed by functional herpes simplex virus ICP27 proteinMaria D Koffa
Institute of Virology, University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Virol 77:4315-25. 2003..This is the first example of CK2 stimulation by a viral protein in vivo, and we propose that it might facilitate the HSV-1 lytic cycle by, for example, regulating trafficking of ICP27 protein and/or viral RNAs...