Qi Long Ying
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- BMP induction of Id proteins suppresses differentiation and sustains embryonic stem cell self-renewal in collaboration with STAT3Qi Long Ying
Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, EH9 3JQ, Edinburgh, Scotland
Cell 115:281-92. 2003..Upon LIF withdrawal, Id-expressing ES cells differentiate but do not give rise to neural lineages. We conclude that blockade of lineage-specific transcription factors by Id proteins enables the self-renewal response to LIF/STAT3...
- Defined conditions for neural commitment and differentiationQi Long Ying
Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JQ, UK
Methods Enzymol 365:327-41. 2003....
- Derivation and propagation of embryonic stem cells in serum- and feeder-free cultureJennifer Nichols
Centre Development in Stem Cell Biology, Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Methods Mol Biol 329:91-8. 2006..This chapter describes a simple protocol for efficient derivation and maintenance of ES cells from embryos of the 129 and C57B1/6 strains of mice...
- Changing potency by spontaneous fusionQi Long Ying
Centre for Genome Research, University of Edinburgh, The King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, UK
Nature 416:545-8. 2002..We propose that transdetermination consequent to cell fusion 10 could underlie many observations otherwise attributed to an intrinsic plasticity of tissue stem cells 9...
- Niche-independent symmetrical self-renewal of a mammalian tissue stem cellLuciano Conti
Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 3:e283. 2005..These homogenous cultures will enable delineation of molecular mechanisms that define a tissue-specific stem cell and allow direct comparison with pluripotent ES cells...
- Conversion of embryonic stem cells into neuroectodermal precursors in adherent monocultureQi Long Ying
Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, United Kingdom
Nat Biotechnol 21:183-6. 2003..This system provides a platform for defining the molecular machinery of neural commitment and optimizing the efficiency of neuronal and glial cell production from pluripotent mammalian stem cells...
- Normal timing of oligodendrocyte development from genetically engineered, lineage-selectable mouse ES cellsNathalie Billon
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit and the Biology Department, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Cell Sci 115:3657-65. 2002..This strategy may also be useful for producing human cells for therapy and drug screening...