Affiliation: University of Surrey
- Analog CMOS design for optical coherence tomography signal detection and processingWei Xu
High Performance Analog Division, Texas Instruments, Tucson, AZ 85706, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:485-9. 2008..A sensitivity of -80 dB is achieved with faithful reproduction of the interferometric signal envelope. A sample image of finger tip is presented...
- Development of a shape memory alloy multiple-point injector for chemotherapyW Xu
Centre for Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 219:213-7. 2005..Applications for the device include the treatment of liver cancer by direct injection of alcohol into the tumours...
- Three-dimensional finite element stress and strain analysis of a transfemoral osseointegration implantWei Xu
School of Engineering, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 220:661-70. 2006..The results of the two studies revealed different stress levels, but good correlation was found in the overall stress distribution...
- X-ray image review of the bone remodeling around an osseointegrated trans-femoral implant and a finite element simulation case studyWei Xu
Centre for Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Ann Biomed Eng 36:435-43. 2008..The strain level and stress gradient hypothesis is presented to offer an explanation for the implanted cortical bone remodeling observed in this study...
- 3D finite element mesh generation of complicated tooth model based on CT slicesJianxin Gao
Centre for Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 82:97-105. 2006..This 3D model was successfully used to evaluate different tooth restoration strategies, which proved the viability and effectiveness of the proposed method...
- Molecular mechanics and dynamics simulations of various dispersant models on the water surface (001)Ke Cheng Wei
Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Zhongguancun, P O Box 353, 100080, Beijing, China
J Mol Model 9:142-52. 2003..Steric configuration, charge distribution and substitute hydrocarbon chain of the dispersant molecule influenced the interaction between dispersants and polar water surface...
- Monitoring singlet oxygen in situ with delayed chemiluminescence to deduce the effect of photodynamic therapyYanchun Wei
South China Normal University, Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Laser Life Science, Guangzhou 510631 China
J Biomed Opt 13:024023. 2008..Although there are many issues yet to be addressed, our results clearly demonstrate the feasibility of CL measurement during PDT and its potential for in vivo PDT dosimetry. This requires further investigations...
- Dramatic improvements in toughness in poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanocompositesWei Xu
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Cornell University Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Small 4:662-9. 2008..The physical crosslinks increase the brittle fracture strength of the polymer and, consequently, trigger a toughening mechanism via multiple crazing and shear yielding...
- The distribution of distances between randomly constructed genomes: generating function, expectation, variance and limitsWei Xu
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa, 585 King Edward Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5, Canada
J Bioinform Comput Biol 6:23-36. 2008..In this paper, we study the exact probability distribution of c. We derive the expectation and variance, and show that, in the limit, the expectation of d is n - (2chirchib)/(2chir+2chib(-1)) - 1/2ln (n + max(chir,chib))/(chir+chib)...
- Droplet screens in nanovolumes using static conditionsLiang L Wu
Interdisciplinary Mater Sci and Eng Dept, Univ of CA, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:2498-501. 2006..This technology makes hand-operated systems a possibility, since precision control of flow rates is not necessary...
- Virtual walls in microchannelsWei Xu
Dept of Electr Eng and Comput Sci, California Univ, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:2840-3. 2006..An application example of a microvalve based on the mass transport effect is demonstrated, showing advantages of simple design, fabrication, no moving part and zero dead volume...
- Cyanuric acid and melamine on Au111: structure and energetics of hydrogen-bonded networksWei Xu
Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center iNANO and Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Small 3:854-8. 2007
- Pheromone discrimination by the pheromone-binding protein of Bombyx moriFrauke Gräter
Department of Theoretical and Computational Biophysics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Structure 14:1577-86. 2006..While BmorPBP might filter out other physiologically irrelevant compounds hitting the sensillar lymph, discrimination between the natural pheromone compounds must be achieved by molecular interactions with their cognate receptors...
- Ultrastructural changes in endothelium during apoptosis indicate low microembolic potentialWei Xu
Cellular and Molecular Pathology Research Unit, Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, University of Sydney, Westmead Centre for Oral Health S, Westmead, Australia
J Vasc Res 42:377-87. 2005..Despite the potential importance of apoptotic microemboli, there are no reports characterizing changes in cell size and shape during endothelial apoptosis...
- [The application of Doppler broadening and Doppler shift to spectral analysis]Wei Xu
Department of Physics, Guang Zhou University, Guangzhou, 510400 China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 22:667-9. 2002..Ion temperature and recycling particle flow velocity have been obtained from Doppler broadening and Doppler shift...
- Poisson adjacency distributions in genome comparison: multichromosomal, circular, signed and unsigned casesWei Xu
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bioinformatics 24:i146-52. 2008..For all unsigned cases, the limiting distribution is Poisson with parameter 2; for all signed cases, the limiting distribution is Poisson with parameter (1/2)...