Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- The psycho-social rehabilitation of patients with alcohol-related brain damage in the communityKenneth Wilson
Adult Cognitive Assessment Service, Stein Centre, St Catherine s Hospital, Birkenhead, UK
Alcohol Alcohol 47:304-11. 2012..To describe the clinical presentation, course and psycho-social outcome of patients with alcohol-related brain damage (ARBD) referred from acute general hospital inpatient settings to a newly commissioned community team...
- A randomised controlled trial of extended brief intervention for alcohol dependent patients in an acute hospital setting (ADPAC)Lynn Owens
The Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
BMC Public Health 11:528. 2011....
- Depressive symptoms in the very old living alone: prevalence, incidence and risk factorsKenneth Wilson
Catherine s Hospital, Birkenhead, Wirrall, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:361-6. 2007..This project is nested within the ENABLE-AGE project designed to explore the relationship between housing environment and health in the very old living alone in their own homes...
- Survival in the community of the very old depressed, discharged from medical inpatient careKenneth Wilson
Acadmeic Unit, St Catherine s Hospital, Birkenhead, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:974-9. 2007..To examine the prevalence and associated risk factors of depression in older patients discharged home from acute medical care and their influence on duration of survival in the community...
- Vascular disease, depression and cognitive impairmentK Wilson
Royal Liverpool University
Encephale 34:S50-S54. 2008
- Plasma insulin growth factor-1 and incident delirium in older peopleK Wilson
Elderly Mental Health Academic Unit, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:154-9. 2005..However, little research has been conducted in this field and the role of neuro-immunological factors as a mechanism of medication has received very little attention...
- A comparison of side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants in older depressed patients: a meta-analysisKenneth Wilson
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:754-62. 2004..To examine the relative tolerability and side effect profile of tricyclic antidepressants and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in older depressed people...
- Parasites as a viability cost of sexual selection in natural populations of mammalsSarah L Moore
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, UK
Science 297:2015-8. 2002..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that parasites contribute to the observed association between SSD and male-biased mortality...