Affiliation: University College London
- Paternal metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors for fetal growth restriction: a case-control studySara Hillman
Institute for Women s Health, University College London, London, UK
Diabetes Care 36:1675-80. 2013..We investigated whether paternal insulin resistance and cardiovascular risk factors were evident at the time that fetal growth-restricted offspring were born...
- Long-term complications of preeclampsiaDavid Williams
Department of Maternal Medicine, Institute for Women s Health, University College London Hospital, 74 Huntley Street, London, United Kingdom
Semin Nephrol 31:111-22. 2011..This article describes how pregnancy propels vulnerable women toward preeclampsia and how a brief, usually single, episode of this acute pregnancy syndrome defines those vulnerable to chronic disease in later life...
- The Aberfan disaster: 33-year follow-up of survivorsLouise Morgan
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Br J Psychiatry 182:532-6. 2003..Children can develop PTSD; however, there is controversy over whether PTSD symptoms decrease or persist over time...
- HIV prevalence in pregnant women in an ethnically diverse population in the UK: 1998-2002Mario Cortina-Borja
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
AIDS 18:535-40. 2004..To describe trends in the prevalence of HIV in an ethnically diverse population of pregnant women in the United Kingdom...
- Basal ganglia local field potential activity: character and functional significance in the humanPeter Brown
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2510-9. 2005..The available evidence points to the 8-30 Hz activity being essentially antikinetic in character and inversely related to motor processing. Its exaggeration may therefore contribute to the bradykinesia of Parkinson's disease...
- Intact inner speech use in autism spectrum disorder: evidence from a short-term memory taskDavid Williams
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:51-8. 2008..This study explored the extent to which children with ASD used inner speech or visual imagery to support recall from short-term memory...
- Pre-conceptual aspects of self-awareness in autism spectrum disorder: the case of action-monitoringDavid Williams
Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, London, SE 5 8AF, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 39:251-9. 2009..Both tasks appear to be reliable markers of underlying action monitoring ability, performance on the 'Self' conditions of each task being significantly associated, independent of verbal ability...
- Language in autism and specific language impairment: where are the links?David Williams
Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Psychol Bull 134:944-63. 2008..They recommend that researchers concentrate on those aspects of language impairment that predominate in each disorder rather than on those comparatively small areas of potential overlap...