Paul O Wilkinson
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- A controversy too far?Paul Wilkinson
Section of Developmental Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2AH
BMJ 329:1397. 2004
- Attention difficulties and mood-related ruminative response style in adolescents with unipolar depressionPaul O Wilkinson
Section of Developmental Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1284-91. 2006..It is unclear if such mood-related ruminations are specifically associated with slowed ability in switching attention from one task to another...
- Rumination, anxiety, depressive symptoms and subsequent depression in adolescents at risk for psychopathology: a longitudinal cohort studyPaul O Wilkinson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
BMC Psychiatry 13:250. 2013..Scores on self-report rumination scales correlate strongly with scores on anxiety and depression symptom scales. This may confound any associations between rumination and subsequent depression...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of a randomized controlled trial investigating predictors of recovery following psychological treatment in adolescents with moderate to severe unipolar depression: study protocol for Magnetic Resonance-Improving Mood with PsychoCindy C Hagan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Herchel Smith Building for Brain and Mind Sciences, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SZ, UK
BMC Psychiatry 13:247. 2013..Information with respect to optimal treatment choice for individuals is lacking, with no validated biomarkers to aid therapeutic decision-making...
- Associations between adolescent depression and parental mental health, before and after treatment of adolescent depressionPaul O Wilkinson
Section of Developmental Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Douglas House, 18b Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AH, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 22:3-11. 2013..This study was not able to establish the direction of this association. In clinical practice, the findings demonstrate the importance of considering the mental health of the parents when treating depressed adolescents...
- Childhood adversity and allostatic overload of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis: a vulnerability model for depressive disordersPaul O Wilkinson
University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 8AH, UK
Dev Psychopathol 23:1017-37. 2011..HPAA dysregulation may result in corticoid-mediated abnormalities in neurogenesis in early life and/or neurotoxicity on neural systems that subserve emotion and cognition...