Richard J Whitby
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Small molecule agonists of the orphan nuclear receptors steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1, NR5A1) and liver receptor homologue-1 (LRH-1, NR5A2)Richard J Whitby
School of Chemistry, University of Southampton, Southampton, Hants, SO17 1BJ, United Kingdom
J Med Chem 54:2266-81. 2011..Initial studies on the regulation of gene expression in human cell lines showed excellent, reproducible activity at endogenous target genes...
- The first total synthesis of (+)-mucosinAlan R Henderson
Chemistry, University of Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire SO17 1BJ, UK
Chem Commun (Camb) 48:3409-11. 2012..A zirconium induced co-cyclisation was utilised to install the correct stereochemistry of the four contiguous stereocentres around the unusual bicyclo[4.3.0]nonene core...
- An Efficient Flow-Photochemical Synthesis of 5H-Furanones Leads to an Understanding of Torquoselectivity in Cyclobutenone RearrangementsDavid C Harrowven
Chemistry, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ UK
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 51:4405-8. 2012..Selectivity in the photochemical rearrangement is due a dichotomous reactivity of the (E)- and (Z)-vinylketene intermediates...
- Tandem insertion of halocarbenoids and lithium acetylides into zirconacycles: a novel rearrangement to zirconium alkenylidenates by β-addition to an alkynyl zirconoceneJozef Stec
School of Chemistry, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, Hampshire SO17 1BJ, UK
Chemistry 17:4896-904. 2011..The main side reaction, which becomes exclusive in some cases, is β-hydride elimination of an intermediate cyclopentyl- or cyclopentenyl zirconocene...
- Identification of small molecule agonists of the orphan nuclear receptors liver receptor homolog-1 and steroidogenic factor-1Richard J Whitby
School of Chemistry, University of Southampton, Southampton, Hants, SO17 1BJ, UK
J Med Chem 49:6652-5. 2006..Synthesis of analogues modified at three positions led to the development of compounds with functional selectivity between LRH-1 and SF-1...
- New insights into cyclobutenone rearrangements: a total synthesis of the natural ROS-generating anti-cancer agent cribrostatin 6Mubina Mohamed
Chemistry, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 1BJ, UK
Chemistry 17:13698-705. 2011..A short and efficient total synthesis of cribrostatin 6, an anti-neoplastic and anti-microbial agent, provides a topical demonstration of the value of this method...