M P Weaver
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Owner survey of tarsocrural effusion (bog spavin) in Clydesdale horsesM P Weaver
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh, Large Animal Hospital, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Easter Bush, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
Vet Rec 170:286. 2012..The majority of respondents believed the condition to be of concern to Clydesdale owners, but only a minority were aware of the implications of tarsocrural effusion, suggesting that owner education would be of benefit...
- Intra- and interobserver agreement in the interpretation of navicular bones on radiographs and computed tomography scansA M Groth
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Equine Vet J 41:124-9. 2009..Criteria for the radiographic evaluation of navicular bones in horses have been published to standardise classification of radiographic signs. However, intra- and interobserver agreement have not been established...
- Comparison of three methods of injecting the proximal interphalangeal joint in horsesL A B Poore
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Large Animal Hospital, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Easter Bush, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG
Vet Rec 168:302. 2011..There was inadvertent injection of the digital flexor tendon sheath using the palmaroproximal approach in 64 per cent of injections. The dorsolateral approach was associated with fewer needle manipulations...
- Pressure distribution between the deep digital flexor tendon and the navicular bone, and the effect of raising the heels in vitroM P Weaver
University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian, United Kingdom
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 22:278-82. 2009..However, they throw doubt on the practice of shoeing such horses with heel wedges as the redistribution of pressure may increase the force exerted on regions predisposed to disease...
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein and hyaluronan levels in synovial fluid from horses with osteoarthritis of the tarsometatarsal joint compared to a control populationS E Taylor
Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
Equine Vet J 38:502-7. 2006....