Alastair J M Watson
Affiliation: University of East Anglia
- TNF-α-induced intestinal epithelial cell shedding: implications for intestinal barrier functionAlastair J M Watson
Department of Medicine, Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, England
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1258:1-8. 2012..Here, we review the mechanisms governing maintenance of these barrier functions and the implications of inflammation-induced barrier dysfunction in IBD...
- Local barrier dysfunction identified by confocal laser endomicroscopy predicts relapse in inflammatory bowel diseaseR Kiesslich
Medical Department, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Gut 61:1146-53. 2012..The objectives of the study were (1) to determine whether cell shedding and barrier loss in humans can be detected by confocal endomicroscopy and (2) whether these parameters predict relapse of IBD...
- The epithelial barrier is maintained by in vivo tight junction expansion during pathologic intestinal epithelial sheddingAmanda M Marchiando
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gastroenterology 140:1208-1218.e1-2. 2011..We investigated the mechanism of tight junction remodeling and barrier maintenance as well as the roles of cytoskeletal regulatory molecules during TNF-induced shedding...
- Colon cancer: a civilization disorderAlastair J M Watson
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Dig Dis 29:222-8. 2011..The mechanisms by which some environmental factors modify the mutation risk in these pathways have been described...
- Caveolin-1-dependent occludin endocytosis is required for TNF-induced tight junction regulation in vivoAmanda M Marchiando
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Cell Biol 189:111-26. 2010..These data demonstrate that MLCK activation triggers caveolin-1-dependent endocytosis of occludin to effect structural and functional tight junction regulation...
- Confocal laser endomicroscopy is a new imaging modality for recognition of intramucosal bacteria in inflammatory bowel disease in vivoDriffa Moussata
Department of Gastroenterology, Lyon Sud Hospital, Claude Bernard University Pierre Benite, France
Gut 60:26-33. 2011....
- Progastrin stimulates murine colonic epithelial mitosis after DNA damagePenelope D Ottewell
Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, England
Gastroenterology 124:1348-57. 2003..Persistently elevated cdk4 and cyclin D1 in progastrin overexpressing mice accounts for the capacity of colon cells to continue with the cell cycle after DNA damage...