Genomes and Genes
Alastair J M Watson
Affiliation: University of East Anglia
- Confocal laser endomicroscopy is a new imaging modality for recognition of intramucosal bacteria in inflammatory bowel disease in vivoDriffa Moussata
Department of Gastroenterology, Lyon Sud Hospital, Claude Bernard University Pierre Benite, France
Gut 60:26-33. 2011....
- Cited1 deficiency suppresses intestinal tumorigenesisValerie Meniel
School of Biological Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
PLoS Genet 9:e1003638. 2013....
- TNF-α-induced intestinal epithelial cell shedding: implications for intestinal barrier functionAlastair J M Watson
Department of Medicine, Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, England
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1258:1-8. 2012..Here, we review the mechanisms governing maintenance of these barrier functions and the implications of inflammation-induced barrier dysfunction in IBD...
- Local barrier dysfunction identified by confocal laser endomicroscopy predicts relapse in inflammatory bowel diseaseR Kiesslich
Medical Department, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Gut 61:1146-53. 2012..The objectives of the study were (1) to determine whether cell shedding and barrier loss in humans can be detected by confocal endomicroscopy and (2) whether these parameters predict relapse of IBD...
- Colon cancer: a civilization disorderAlastair J M Watson
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Dig Dis 29:222-8. 2011..The mechanisms by which some environmental factors modify the mutation risk in these pathways have been described...
- The epithelial barrier is maintained by in vivo tight junction expansion during pathologic intestinal epithelial sheddingAmanda M Marchiando
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gastroenterology 140:1208-1218.e1-2. 2011..We investigated the mechanism of tight junction remodeling and barrier maintenance as well as the roles of cytoskeletal regulatory molecules during TNF-induced shedding...
- Caveolin-1-dependent occludin endocytosis is required for TNF-induced tight junction regulation in vivoAmanda M Marchiando
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Cell Biol 189:111-26. 2010..These data demonstrate that MLCK activation triggers caveolin-1-dependent endocytosis of occludin to effect structural and functional tight junction regulation...
- Identification of epithelial gaps in human small and large intestine by confocal endomicroscopyRalf Kiesslich
I Medical Clinic, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Gastroenterology 133:1769-78. 2007..The goals of this study were to determine if confocal endomicroscopy could resolve the presence of human epithelial gaps and whether a proinflammatory cytokine could increase cell shedding...
- A mouse model of pathological small intestinal epithelial cell apoptosis and shedding induced by systemic administration of lipopolysaccharideJonathan M Williams
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 3GE, UK
Dis Model Mech 6:1388-99. 2013..This model will enable investigation of the importance and regulation of pathological IEC apoptosis and cell shedding in various diseases. ..
- Hsp90 inhibitors sensitise human colon cancer cells to topoisomerase I poisons by depletion of key anti-apoptotic and cell cycle checkpoint proteinsAnne V McNamara
The University of Liverpool, Institute of Translational Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, The Henry Wellcome Laboratory, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 3GE, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 83:355-67. 2012....
- Progastrin stimulates murine colonic epithelial mitosis after DNA damagePenelope D Ottewell
Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, England
Gastroenterology 124:1348-57. 2003..We have investigated whether alterations in the regulation of apoptosis or mitosis after DNA damage contribute to the effects of progastrin on murine colonic epithelium...