Genomes and Genes
John C Watkinson
Affiliation: University Hospital Birmingham
- Detection and surgical treatment of cervical lymph nodes in differentiated thyroid cancerJohn C Watkinson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University of Birmingham NHS Trust, UK
Thyroid 16:187-94. 2006..In the future, the concentration of patients with this disease in large center can only improve the way we treat differentiated thyroid cancer...
- The British Thyroid Association guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer in adultsJohn C Watkinson
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University at Birmingham NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Nucl Med Commun 25:897-900. 2004
- Fifteen years' experience in thyroid surgeryJohn C Watkinson
Department of ENT Head and Neck and Thyroid Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University of Birmingham NHS Trust, The School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Institute of Biomedical Research, Birmingham, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:541-7. 2010..Recently, significant advances have been made regarding mechanisms involved in both thyroid growth and function (goitrogenesis) and carcinogenesis at a molecular level...
- The PTTG1-binding factor (PBF/PTTG1IP) regulates p53 activity in thyroid cellsMartin L Read
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine M L R, R I S, J C W F, B M, G A R, R J W, V E S, P K K, N S, O M D, K B, J A F, C J M and School of Cancer Sciences A S T, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom Department of Medical Sciences T G, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy Department of Pediatrics A L S, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and University Hospitals Birmingham National Health Service Foundation Trust J C W, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 155:1222-34. 2014....
- Expression of receptors for VEGFs on normal human thyroid follicular cells and their role in follicle formationRadhika Susarla
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Cell Physiol 227:1992-2002. 2012..We conclude that normal thyroid follicular cell express VEGFRs. For VEGFR2 its subcellular localization suggests functions additional to that of a cell surface receptor and a role in follicular integrity...
- Regulation of plasminogen activators in human thyroid follicular cells and their relationship to differentiated functionRadhika Susarla
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Cell Physiol 212:643-54. 2007..TPA effects on iodide metabolism, dissolution of follicles and uPA synthesis are mediated predominantly through PKCbeta whereas EGF exerts its effects through MAPK but not PKCbeta...
- A novel mechanism of sodium iodide symporter repression in differentiated thyroid cancerVicki E Smith
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
J Cell Sci 122:3393-402. 2009..Given that PBF is overexpressed in thyroid cancer, these findings have profound implications for thyroid cancer ablation using radioiodine...
- Pituitary tumour transforming gene (PTTG) induces genetic instability in thyroid cellsDae Kim
Division of Medical Sciences, 2nd Floor IBR, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B12 5TT, UK
Oncogene 24:4861-6. 2005..We conclude that PTTG may be an important gene in the mutator phenotype development in thyroid cancer...