A B Ward
Affiliation: University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- Clinical value of botulinum toxin in neurological indicationsA B Ward
North Staffordshire Rehabilitation Centre, Haywood Hospital, Stoke on Trent, UK
Eur J Neurol 13:20-6. 2006..In cerebral palsy, BoNT-A is of value, being able to delay or even avoid surgery until motion patterns have become established...
- Botulinum toxin in spasticity treatment in adultsA B Ward
University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust, Burslem, Stoke on Trent ST6 7AG
Nervenarzt 79:22-3. 2008
- A literature review of the pathophysiology and onset of post-stroke spasticityAnthony B Ward
Faculty of Health, Staffordshire University, Stoke on Trent, UK
Eur J Neurol 19:21-7. 2012..This partly reflects the diversity of its manifestations and that its pathophysiology, although well studied, is still debated...
- The management of pain in spasticityA B Ward
North Staffordshire Rehabilitation Centre, The Hayood, High Lane Burslem, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST6 7AG, UK
Disabil Rehabil 24:443-53. 2002..Pain may be a dominant feature, but is rarely the sole symptom. This article looks at a strategy for the overall management of the patient with the focus on managing pain...
- Spasticity treatment with botulinum toxinsA B Ward
University Hospital North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
J Neural Transm 115:607-16. 2008..Botulinum toxin provides a window of opportunity to improve the outcomes from physical management of the focal and multi-focal problems of spasticity...
- A randomized controlled trial of botulinum toxin on lower limb spasticity following acute acquired severe brain injuryD Verplancke
North Staffordshire Rehabilitation Centre, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust, UK
Clin Rehabil 19:117-25. 2005..To determine whether serial casting combined with botulinum toxin reduces the development of calf contracture after severe head injury...
- Short-term sequelae of minor head injury (6 years experience of minor head injury clinic)N H Haboubi
North Staffordshire Rehabilitation Centre, The Haywood, Burslem, Stoke on Trent, UK
Disabil Rehabil 23:635-8. 2001..However, the majority of those patients are denied follow-up or support. A minor head injury clinic was thus established in North Staffordshire Hospital in 1993 to address these problems...
- A summary of spasticity management--a treatment algorithmA B Ward
North Staffs Rehabilitation Centre, Haywood and Stanfield Hospital, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Stoke on Trent, UK
Eur J Neurol 9:48-52; dicussion 53-61. 2002..The evidence base for much of what is done is not strong and this summary examines the activities of proven value and of consensus view...