Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Vibrator-induced fatal rectal perforationNaseem G Waraich
Department of Surgery, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Derby, UK
N Z Med J 120:U2685. 2007..Death due to retroperitoneal perforation following such accidents have been reported in the literature. However previously no cases have been recorded where death occurred due to anterior rectal wall perforation...
- Is harmonic scalpel an effective tool for oesophagectomy?Naseem Waraich
Oesophago Gastric Centre, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Derby, UK
Int J Surg 7:330-3. 2009..We have assessed the efficiency of HS in oesophageal cancer surgery. The parameters studied were blood loss, transfusion rates, and postoperative complications...
- A pre-operative elevated neutrophil: lymphocyte ratio does not predict survival from oesophageal cancer resectionFarhan Rashid
Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby DE22 3NE, UK
World J Surg Oncol 8:1. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the prognostic value of an elevated preoperative NLR following resection for oesophageal cancer...
- Ovarian cancer presenting as chest wall subcutaneous nodule: a case report and a literature reviewN Waraich
Surgical Research Fellow, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, London Road, Derby, UK
Gynecol Oncol 100:430-2. 2006..Subcutaneous metastatic nodules from primary ovarian cancer are rarely found in advanced disease. We describe a case of asymptomatic ovarian carcinoma presenting as a chest wall nodule...
- Role of routine oesophago-gastroduodenoscopy before cholecystectomyF Rashid
Upper Gastrointestinal Surgical Unit, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, DE22 3NE, United Kingdom
Int J Surg 8:236-8. 2010..In our unit all the patients are offered gastroscopy prior to Cholecystectomy. Aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of gastroscopy in all patients with upper abdominal pain irrespective of ultrasound findings...