M D Walkinshaw
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Structure of Ocr from bacteriophage T7, a protein that mimics B-form DNAM D Walkinshaw
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, The King s Buildings, University of Edinburgh, EH9 3JR, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 9:187-94. 2002..This first structure of an antirestriction protein demonstrates the construction of structural mimetics of long segments of B-form DNA...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of ocr, the product of gene 0.3 of bacteriophage T7S S Sturrock
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 57:1652-4. 2001..8 A. The presence of caesium was found to be required for good crystal growth. Anomalous X-ray data was used to identify possible positions for Se and Cs atoms in the unit cell...
- Purification of factor X by hydrophobic interaction chromatographyH Husi
Centre for Genome Research, The University of Edinburgh, UK
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 755:367-71. 2001..This single purification step, in conjunction with classical purification strategies, is a powerful tool in generating high purity factor X and is based on resins which are readily available...
- Structural and spectroscopic analysis of the F393H mutant of flavocytochrome P450 BM3T W Ost
Department of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JJ, UK
Biochemistry 40:13430-8. 2001....
- Two structures of cyclophilin 40: folding and fidelity in the TPR domainsP Taylor
Structural Biochemistry Group, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, The University of Edinburgh, Michael Swann Building, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, EH9 3JR, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Structure 9:431-8. 2001..The competitive binding of specific large immunophilins and other TPR-Hsp90 proteins provides a regulatory mechanism for Hsp90 chaperone activity...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of flavocytochrome c(3), the fumarate reductase from Shewanella frigidimarinaS L Pealing
Department of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Struct Biol 127:76-8. 1999..359 A, b = 88.051 A, c = 77.473 A, and beta = 104.499 degrees. Anomalous data have also been collected from the NCIMB400 crystal allowing the heme iron positions to be identified...
- X-ray structures and analysis of 11 cyclosporin derivatives complexed with cyclophilin AJ Kallen
The University of Edinburgh, Michael Swann Building, Edinburgh, EH9 3JR, UK
J Mol Biol 283:435-49. 1998..The effect of small chemical differences on protein-ligand hydrogen-bonding, van der Waals interactions and water structure is presented...
- X-ray structures of small ligand-FKBP complexes provide an estimate for hydrophobic interaction energiesP Burkhard
Department of Structural Biology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, Basel, CH, 4056, Switzerland
J Mol Biol 295:953-62. 2000..Analysis of the calculated buried surface areas of these related ligands provides an estimated van der Waals contribution to the binding energy of -0.5 kJ/A(2) for non-polar interactions between ligand and protein...
- Kinetic and crystallographic analysis of the key active site acid/base arginine in a soluble fumarate reductaseC G Mowat
Department of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JJ, UK
Biochemistry 40:12292-8. 2001....
- A new conformation of the integrin-binding fragment of human VCAM-1 crystallizes in a highly hydrated packing arrangementP Taylor
Structural Biochemistry Group, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, The University of Edinburgh, Michael Swann Building, King's Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 57:1579-83. 2001..3 to 39.9 degrees. An analysis of the torsion angles shows that residues Ile88, Tyr89, Ser90, Pro92 and Glu96 play a major role in defining the interdomain conformations...
- X-ray structure of a monomeric cyclophilin A-cyclosporin A crystal complex at 2.1 A resolutionV Mikol
Preclinical Research, Sandoz AG, Basel, Switzerland
J Mol Biol 234:1119-30. 1993..The fact that this monomeric crystal form can be obtained shows that the formation of pentamer or decamer complexes is not a generally observed phenomenon and is not a prerequisite for biological activity...
- X-ray structure of a cyclophilin B/cyclosporin complex: comparison with cyclophilin A and delineation of its calcineurin-binding domainV Mikol
Preclinical Research, Sandoz AG, Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5183-6. 1994..The three residues Arg90, Lys113, and Ala128 and the loop containing Arg158 on the surface of CypB are likely to modulate the differences in calcineurin inhibition between CypA and CypB...
- Structure of human cyclophilin and its binding site for cyclosporin A determined by X-ray crystallography and NMR spectroscopyJ Kallen
Preclinical Research, Sandoz Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Nature 353:276-9. 1991..These results may help to provide a structural basis for rationalizing the immunosuppressive function of the cyclosporin-cyclophilin system and will also be important in the design of improved immunosuppressant drugs...