Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- Zinngrebe J, Rieser E, Taraborrelli L, Peltzer N, Hartwig T, Ren H, et al. --LUBAC deficiency perturbs TLR3 signaling to cause immunodeficiency and autoinflammation. J Exp Med. 2016;213:2671-2689 pubmed..Thus, LUBAC components control TLR3-mediated innate immunity, thereby preventing development of immunodeficiency and autoinflammation. ..
- Peltzer N, Rieser E, Taraborrelli L, Dráber P, Darding M, Pernaute B, et al. HOIP deficiency causes embryonic lethality by aberrant TNFR1-mediated endothelial cell death. Cell Rep. 2014;9:153-65 pubmed publisher..Hence, LUBAC and its linear-ubiquitin-forming activity are required for maintaining vascular integrity during embryogenesis by preventing TNFR1-mediated endothelial cell death. ..
- Zinngrebe J, Walczak H. TLRs Go Linear - On the Ubiquitin Edge. Trends Mol Med. 2017;23:296-309 pubmed publisher..We propose that defective linear ubiquitination contributes to TLR-mediated disease pathogenesis and that perturbed TLR signaling contributes to the phenotype observed in inherited LUBAC deficiency in humans and mice. ..
- Lafont E, Kantari Mimoun C, Dráber P, De Miguel D, Hartwig T, Reichert M, et al. The linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex regulates TRAIL-induced gene activation and cell death. EMBO J. 2017;36:1147-1166 pubmed publisher..Hence, LUBAC controls the TRAIL signalling outcome from complex I and II, two platforms which both trigger cell death and gene activation. ..
- Kupka S, De Miguel D, Dráber P, Martino L, Surinova S, Rittinger K, et al. SPATA2-Mediated Binding of CYLD to HOIP Enables CYLD Recruitment to Signaling Complexes. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2271-80 pubmed publisher..In summary, we describe SPATA2 as a previously unrecognized factor in LUBAC-dependent signaling pathways that serves as an adaptor between HOIP and CYLD, thereby enabling recruitment of CYLD to signaling complexes. ..
- Peltzer N, Darding M, Walczak H. Holding RIPK1 on the Ubiquitin Leash in TNFR1 Signaling. Trends Cell Biol. 2016;26:445-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss recent advances in the knowledge on three ubiquitin E3 ligases that exert regulatory functions on RIPK1 signaling: cIAP1, cIAP2, and LUBAC. ..
- Dráber P, Kupka S, Reichert M, Draberova H, Lafont E, De Miguel D, et al. LUBAC-Recruited CYLD and A20 Regulate Gene Activation and Cell Death by Exerting Opposing Effects on Linear Ubiquitin in Signaling Complexes. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2258-72 pubmed publisher..Hence, the interplay between LUBAC, M1-ubiquitin, CYLD, and A20 is central for physiological signaling through innate immune receptors. ..
- von Karstedt S, Conti A, Nobis M, Montinaro A, Hartwig T, Lemke J, et al. Cancer cell-autonomous TRAIL-R signaling promotes KRAS-driven cancer progression, invasion, and metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2015;27:561-73 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this, high TRAIL-R2 expression correlates with invasion of human PDAC into lymph vessels and with shortened metastasis-free survival of KRAS-mutated colorectal cancer patients. ..