Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Kinetochore targeting of fission yeast Mad and Bub proteins is essential for spindle checkpoint function but not for all chromosome segregation roles of Bub1pVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, ICMB, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 24:9786-801. 2004..Surprisingly, neither this domain nor kinetochore localization is required for other functions of Bub1p in chromosome segregation...
- An acetylated form of histone H2A.Z regulates chromosome architecture in Schizosaccharomyces pombeHyun Soo Kim
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:1286-93. 2009..This and other findings suggest an important role for H2A.Z in the architecture of anaphase chromosomes...
- Shugoshin 2 regulates localization of the chromosomal passenger proteins in fission yeast mitosisVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Mol Biol Cell 18:1657-69. 2007..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Sgo2 is important for chromosome biorientation and that it controls docking of the Passenger proteins on chromosomes in early mitotic cells...
- Overcoming inhibition in the spindle checkpointVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 23:2799-805. 2009..2887-2899) identify budding yeast Fin1p as a kinetochore-localized regulator of PP1 activity toward checkpoint targets. Here we review recent mechanistic insights and propose a working model for spindle checkpoint silencing...
- Bub1 and the multilayered inhibition of Cdc20-APC/C in mitosisVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, UK
Trends Cell Biol 15:231-3. 2005..How the checkpoint machinery actually inhibits the APC/C is still unclear. A new paper by Tang and coworkers helps further our understanding of this complex and fundamental process...
- Bub3p facilitates spindle checkpoint silencing in fission yeastVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 20:5096-105. 2009....
- A novel protein phosphatase 1-dependent spindle checkpoint silencing mechanismVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Curr Biol 19:1176-81. 2009..We propose that PP1(Dis2)-mediated dephosphorylation of checkpoint components forms a novel spindle checkpoint silencing mechanism...
- The complexity of Bub1 regulation--phosphorylation, phosphorylation, phosphorylationVincent Vanoosthuyse
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, ICMB, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Cell Cycle 2:118-9. 2003
- Identification of a BET family bromodomain/casein kinase II/TAF-containing complex as a regulator of mitotic condensin functionHyun Soo Kim
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY 10454, USA
Cell Rep 6:892-905. 2014..These results are consistent with a model where NCT targets CKII to chromatin in a cell-cycle-directed manner in order to modulate the activity of condensin during chromosome condensation and decondensation...
- CPF-associated phosphatase activity opposes condensin-mediated chromosome condensationVincent Vanoosthuyse
CNRS, UMR5239, LBMC Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon Université Lyon 01, Lyon, France Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 10:e1004415. 2014..2, are also negative regulators of condensin-mediated chromosome condensation. We conclude that Swd2.2 opposes condensin-mediated chromosome condensation by facilitating the function of the two CPF-associated phosphatases PP1 and Ssu72...
- Control of Shugoshin function during fission-yeast meiosisSabine Vaur
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut de Biochimie et Génétique Cellulaires, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5095, Bordeaux, F 33077, France
Curr Biol 15:2263-70. 2005..Sgo1-mediated protection of centromere cohesion might therefore be regulated by the mode of kinetochore attachment...
- The A78V mutation in the Mad3-like domain of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Bub1p perturbs nuclear accumulation and kinetochore targeting of Bub1p, Bub3p, and Mad3p and spindle assembly checkpoint functionSheila Kadura
Verna and Marrs McClean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:385-95. 2005..These data indicate that Bub1p-A78V is defective in both nuclear accumulation and kinetochore targeting and that a threshold level of nuclear Bub1p is necessary for the nuclear accumulation of Bub3p and Mad3p...
- Interaction of calmodulin, a sorting nexin and kinase-associated protein phosphatase with the Brassica oleracea S locus receptor kinaseVincent Vanoosthuyse
Reproduction et Developpement des Plantes, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5667, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Plant Physiol 133:919-29. 2003..The sorting nexin also interacted with diverse members of the PRK family, suggesting that all three of the interacting proteins described here may play a general role in signal transduction by this family of proteins...
- Receptor kinase signalling in plants and animals: distinct molecular systems with mechanistic similaritiesJ Mark Cock
Reproduction et Developpement des Plantes, UMR 5667 CNRS INRA ENSL UCBL, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Curr Opin Cell Biol 14:230-6. 2002..These points of convergence may represent features that are essential for a functional receptor-kinase signalling system...