Jose M Valderas
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Effect on health-related quality of life of changes in mental health in children and adolescentsLuis Rajmil
Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Research CAHTA, Roc Boronat 81 95 2nd Floor, Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:103. 2009..The objective of the study was to assess the effect of changes in mental health status on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in children and adolescents aged 8 - 18 years...
- Ambulatory care provided by office-based specialists in the United StatesJose M Valderas
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Ann Fam Med 7:104-11. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine the content of care provided by specialists in community settings, including visits for which the patient had been referred by another physician...
- The impact of measuring patient-reported outcomes in clinical practice: a systematic review of the literatureJ M Valderas
National Primary Care Research and Development Center, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Qual Life Res 17:179-93. 2008..The purpose of this paper is to summarize the best evidence regarding the impact of providing patient-reported outcomes (PRO) information to health care professionals in daily clinical practice...
- Routine care provided by specialists to children and adolescents in the United States (2002-2006)Jose M Valderas
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, The University of Manchester, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 9:221. 2009..Our objective was to quantify and characterize routine and co-managed pediatric healthcare as provided by specialists in community settings...
- Patient reported outcome measures: a model-based classification system for research and clinical practiceJose M Valderas
National School for Primary Care Research, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Williamson Building, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Qual Life Res 17:1125-35. 2008..Our aim was to develop a classification system for PRO measures based on a valid conceptual model...
- Defining comorbidity: implications for understanding health and health servicesJose M Valderas
National Institute for Health Research School for Primary Care Research, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Ann Fam Med 7:357-63. 2009..We conclude that the more precise use of constructs, as proposed in this article, would lead to improved research into the phenomenon of ill health in clinical care, epidemiology, and health services...
- Effect of financial incentives on incentivised and non-incentivised clinical activities: longitudinal analysis of data from the UK Quality and Outcomes FrameworkTim Doran
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
BMJ 342:d3590. 2011..To investigate whether the incentive scheme for UK general practitioners led them to neglect activities not included in the scheme...
- Multimorbidity, service organization and clinical decision making in primary care: a qualitative studyPeter Bower
National Institute for Health Research School for Primary Care Research, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Health Sciences Research Group, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Fam Pract 28:579-87. 2011..Primary care professionals often manage patients with multiple long-term health conditions, but managing multimorbidity is challenging given time and resource constraints and interactions between conditions...
- Exempting dissenting patients from pay for performance schemes: retrospective analysis of exception reporting in the UK Quality and Outcomes FrameworkTim Doran
Health Sciences Research Group Primary Care, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
BMJ 344:e2405. 2012..To examine the reasons why practices exempt patients from the UK Quality and Outcomes Framework pay for performance scheme (exception reporting) and to identify the characteristics of general practices associated with informed dissent...
- Development of EMPRO: a tool for the standardized assessment of patient-reported outcome measuresJose M Valderas
National Primary Care Research and Development Center, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Value Health 11:700-8. 2008..This study was aimed to develop a tool for the standardized assessment of patient-reported outcomes (PROs) to assist the choice of instruments...
- Changes in patient experiences of primary care during health service reforms in England between 2003 and 2007Stephen M Campbell
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Ann Fam Med 8:499-506. 2010..Little is known about the impact of these changes on patient experience. We examine patient reports of quality of care between 2003 and 2007, including random samples of patients on practice lists and patients with long-term conditions...
- The adaptation into Spanish of the Coddington Life Events Scales (CLES)E Villalonga-Olives
CIBER en Epidemiología ñy Salud Pública, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 17:447-52. 2008..To obtain a conceptually and psychometrically equivalent Spanish version of the Coddington Life Events Scales (CLES) for children and adolescents and to test their psychometric properties...
- The impact of the VF-14 index, a perceived visual function measure, in the routine management of cataract patientsJ M Valderas
Health Services Research Unit, , Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 14:1743-53. 2005..The lack of a beneficial effect on management or outcome suggests the need for a more intense intervention to change medical practice...
- Content-based interpretation aids for health-related quality of life measures in clinical practice. An example for the visual function index (VF-14)J M Valderas
Health Services Research Unit, , Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 13:35-44. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Simple content-based interpretation aids for the VF-14 scores were developed that should facilitate its use in clinical practice. These aids should be easily generalizable to other quality of life instruments...
- [Citizens opinions, experiences and perceptions about waiting lists for elective cataract surgery and hip and knee replacement. ]L Sampietro-Colom
Departamento de Sanidad y Seguridad Social, Barcelona, Espana
Aten Primaria 33:86-94. 2004..The aim of this study is to describe the views, perceptions and personal experience around elective cataract and hip and knee replacement waiting lists in Catalonia in order to improve their management...