Affiliation: University of Warwick
- Strengthening and stretching for rheumatoid arthritis of the hand (SARAH): design of a randomised controlled trial of a hand and upper limb exercise intervention--ISRCTN89936343Jo Adams
Warwick Clinical Trials Unit, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:230. 2012....
- Exercise for depression in elderly residents of care homes: a cluster-randomised controlled trialMartin Underwood
Warwick Clinical Trials Unit, Warwick Medical School, The University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Lancet 382:41-9. 2013..Exercise is a promising low-risk intervention for depression in this population. We tested the hypothesis that a moderate intensity exercise programme would reduce the burden of depressive symptoms in residents of care homes...
- Commentary on the United Kingdom evidence report about the effectiveness of manual therapiesScott Haldeman
Department of Neurology, University of California, Irvine, USA
Chiropr Osteopat 18:4. 2010..The two commentaries were provided independently and combined into this single article by the journal editors...
- Study protocol: improving patient choice in treating low back pain (IMPACT-LBP): a randomised controlled trial of a decision support package for use in physical therapyShilpa Patel
University of Warwick, Clinical Trials Unit, Warwick Medical School, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV47AL, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:52. 2011..The package will be designed to assist both therapist and patient...
- British pain clinic practitioners' recognition and use of the bio-psychosocial pain management model for patients when physical interventions are ineffective or inappropriate: results of a qualitative studyGeoffrey Harding
Peninsula Medical School Primary Care, Smeall Building, St Luke s Campus, Exeter, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:51. 2010..To explore how chronic musculoskeletal pain is managed in multidisciplinary pain clinics for patients for whom physical interventions are inappropriate or ineffective...
- Methodological criteria for the assessment of moderators in systematic reviews of randomised controlled trials: a consensus studyTamar Pincus
Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London, London, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:14. 2011..Our objective was to provide researchers with a set of criteria that will facilitate the grading of evidence for moderators, in systematic reviews...
- Estimating the number needed to treat from continuous outcomes in randomised controlled trials: methodological challenges and worked example using data from the UK Back Pain Exercise and Manipulation (BEAM) trialRobert Froud
Centre for Health Sciences, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, E1 2AT, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 9:35. 2009..We consider how numbers needed to treat can be derived from continuous outcomes; illustrated with a worked example showing the methods and challenges...
- Predicting response to a cognitive-behavioral approach to treating low back pain: Secondary analysis of the BeST data setMartin Underwood
Warwick Medical School, Coventry, Warwickshire, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:1271-9. 2011..Here we report moderator analyses of the Back Skills Training Trial (BeST) that tested a cognitive-behavioral approach for low back pain...
- The OPERA trial: protocol for a randomised trial of an exercise intervention for older people in residential and nursing accommodationMartin Underwood
Health Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Trials 12:27. 2011..Existing evidence comes from trials that are short, underpowered and not from RNH settings. The aim of the OPERA trial is to establish whether exercise is effective in reducing the prevalence of depression among older RNH residents...
- A multicentred randomised controlled trial of a primary care-based cognitive behavioural programme for low back pain. The Back Skills Training (BeST) trialS E Lamb
Warwick Clinical Trials Unit, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Health Technol Assess 14:1-253, iii-iv. 2010....