Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Complex interventions and the chamber of secrets: understanding why they work and why they do notShaun Treweek
Tayside Centre for General Practice, University of Dundee, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, Scotland, UK
J R Soc Med 98:553. 2005
- How much does pre-trial testing influence complex intervention trials and would more testing make any difference? An email surveyShaun Treweek
Tayside Centre for General Practice, Community Health Sciences Division, University of Dundee, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:28. 2006..This study aimed to determine to what extent complex interventions are tested prior to a full-scale trial and whether more or different testing would have led to a different intervention being used in the trial...
- A cost analysis of monoplace hyperbaric oxygen therapy with and without recirculationS Treweek
Tayside Centre for General Practice, University of Dundee, UK
J Wound Care 15:235-8. 2006..This study aimed to inform this debate by calculating the direct costs to the health service of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for inpatients using a single, one-person chamber...
- Public attitudes to the storage of blood left over from routine general practice tests and its use in researchShaun Treweek
Tayside Centre for General Practice, Division of Clinical and Population Sciences and Education, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 14:13-9. 2009..To this end, our study aimed to investigate the attitudes of members of the public recruited through general practices to the donation and storage of blood left over from routine clinical tests in general practice...
- Primary care computing in England and Scotland: a comparison with DenmarkDenis Protti
Health Informatics, University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Inform Prim Care 14:93-9. 2006..The historical forces and factors which influenced the development of primary care computing are identified and discussed...
- Understanding the implementation of complex interventions in health care: the normalization process modelCarl May
Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, 21 Claremont Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4AA, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 7:148. 2007..It offers a framework for process evaluation and also for comparative studies of complex interventions. It focuses on the factors that promote or inhibit the routine embedding of complex interventions in health care practice...
- Supporting the delivery of cost-effective interventions in primary health-care systems in low-income and middle-income countries: an overview of systematic reviewsSimon Lewin
Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom
Lancet 372:928-39. 2008..The evidence base needs urgently to be strengthened, synthesised, and taken into account in policy and practice, particularly for the benefit of those who have been excluded from the health care advances of recent decades...