Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Identification and characterization of subpopulations in undifferentiated ES cell cultureYayoi Toyooka
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chu o ku, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Development 135:909-18. 2008..These results confirmed that undifferentiated ES cell culture contains subpopulations corresponding to ICM, epiblast and PrE...
- Pluripotency governed by Sox2 via regulation of Oct3/4 expression in mouse embryonic stem cellsShinji Masui
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Minatojima minamimachi 2 2 3, Chu o ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 9:625-35. 2007..These results indicate that the essential function of Sox2 is to stabilize ES cells in a pluripotent state by maintaining the requisite level of Oct3/4 expression...
- Interaction between Oct3/4 and Cdx2 determines trophectoderm differentiationHitoshi Niwa
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Cell 123:917-29. 2005..This suggests that reciprocal inhibition between lineage-specific transcription factors might be involved in the first differentiation event of mammalian development...
- An efficient system to establish multiple embryonic stem cell lines carrying an inducible expression unitShinji Masui
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology Minatojima minamimachi 2 2 3, Kobe, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e43. 2005..We believe that use of this system will strongly accelerate molecular biological research using ES cells...
- Bre1a, a histone H2B ubiquitin ligase, regulates the cell cycle and differentiation of neural precursor cellsYugo Ishino
Division of Neurobiology and Bioinformatics, and Center for Genetic Analysis of Behavior, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan, Department of Physiological Sciences, School of Life Sciences, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan, Department of Integrative Physiology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu 520 2192, Japan, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, and Department of Neurobiology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan, Division of Embryology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan, and Laboratory for Animal Resources and Genetic Engineering, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
J Neurosci 34:3067-78. 2014....
- Embryonic stem cells can form germ cells in vitroYayoi Toyooka
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, 11 Minamiooya Machida shi, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11457-62. 2003..In vitro germ cell differentiation provides a paradigm for studying the molecular basis of germ line establishment, as well as for developing new approaches to reproductive engineering...