Brian D M Tom
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Intermittent observation of time-dependent explanatory variables: a multistate modelling approachBrian D M Tom
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SR, UK
Stat Med 30:3520-31. 2011..We examine the bias in estimating effects associated with other variables via simulation for different modelling choices. We present an analysis of a motivating data set on physical functional disability in psoriatic arthritis patients...
- Event-biased referral can distort estimation of hepatitis C virus progression rate to cirrhosis, and of prognostic influencesBo Fu
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Robinson Way, Institute of Public Health, University Forvie Site Robinson Way, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 60:1140-8. 2007....
- Quality determination and the repair of poor quality spots in array experimentsBrian D M Tom
Medical Research Council, Institute of Public Health, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 6:234. 2005..Furthermore, biases may be introduced into analyses through missing information on some genes. Thus methods for appropriately replacing (imputing) missing data and/or weighting poor quality spots are required...
- Bias in 2-part mixed models for longitudinal semicontinuous dataLi Su
Medical Research Council, Biostatistics Unit, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SR, UK
Biostatistics 10:374-89. 2009..Some practical issues on variance component estimation revealed through this data analysis are considered...
- Fusing microarray experiments with multivariate regressionWalter R Gilks
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, UK
Bioinformatics 21:ii137-43. 2005..Also, the variability in the quality of experimentation should be taken into account...
- Conservation of unique cell-surface CD antigen mosaics in HIV-1-infected individualsAdrian Woolfson
University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Box 111, Cambridge CB2 2SP, United Kingdom
Blood 106:1003-7. 2005..Their invariant nature indicates an irreversible component to retroviral infection and suggests the utility of CD antigen expression patterns in other disease settings...
- Ectopic pregnancy diagnosis and the pseudo-sacAhmed A Ahmed
Medical Research Council, Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, University Forvite Site, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 81:1225-8. 2004..To evaluate the impact of an ultrasound finding of a pseudo-sac (PS), a uterine sac without a double decidual ring or a yolk sac, on the management of cases with possible ectopic pregnancy...
- Antiangiogenic agents are effective inhibitors of endometriosisM Louise Hull
Department of Pathology, Reproductive Molecular Research Group, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB2 1QP
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2889-99. 2003..These findings suggest that antiangiogenic agents may provide a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of endometriosis...
- Variation in thresholds for reporting mobility disability between national population subgroups and studiesDavid Melzer
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:1295-303. 2004..We also aimed to compare reported and tested performance across two national population studies...
- Is there disparity between risk and incidence of cardiovascular disease after liver transplant?David A J Neal
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Transplantation 77:93-9. 2004....
- Endothelial cells preparing to die by apoptosis initiate a program of transcriptome and glycome regulationNicola A Johnson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
FASEB J 18:188-90. 2004..We propose that the transcriptome and glycome regulation presented here synergize with previously described protein-based changes to guide the apoptotic program...
- Performance tests and disability: developing an objective index of mobility-related limitation in older populationsTzuo-Yun Lan
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 57:M294-301. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Subsets of measures associated with reported mobility disability could provide objective indices of mobility-related limitation for comparing populations or long-term population health monitoring...