J R Thorpe
Affiliation: University of Sussex
- A central role for dityrosine crosslinking of Amyloid-β in Alzheimer's diseaseYoussra K Al-Hilaly
School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer BN1 9QG, UK
Acta Neuropathol Commun 1:83. 2013..Copper has been implicated to play a role in Alzheimer's disease. Dimers of Aβ have been isolated from AD brain and have been shown to be neurotoxic...
- Utilizing the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase pin1 as a probe of its phosphorylated target proteins. Examples of binding to nuclear proteins in a human kidney cell line and to tau in Alzheimer's diseased brainJ R Thorpe
Electron Microscope and FACS Laboratory, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom
J Histochem Cytochem 49:97-108. 2001....
- Shortfalls in the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase protein Pin1 in neurons are associated with frontotemporal dementiasJulian R Thorpe
Electron Microscope Division, The Sussex Centre for Advanced Microscopy, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Neurobiol Dis 17:237-49. 2004..This may be a unifying, contributory factor towards neuronal death in these dementias...
- Fine structural analysis of the neuronal inclusions of frontotemporal lobar degeneration with TDP-43 proteinopathyJulian R Thorpe
The Sussex Centre for Advanced Microscopy, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 9QG, UK
J Neural Transm 115:1661-71. 2008....
- Neuronal intranuclear inclusions are ultrastructurally and immunologically distinct from cytoplasmic inclusions of neuronal intermediate filament inclusion diseaseSabrina Mosaheb
Electron Microscope Division, Sussex Centre for Advanced Microscopy, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Acta Neuropathol 110:360-8. 2005..These observations indicate that abnormal protein aggregation follows separate pathways in different neuronal compartments of NIFID...