Andrew G H Thompson
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Is the maturity of hospitals' quality improvement systems associated with measures of quality and patient safety?Oliver Groene
Avedis Donabedian University Institute, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 11:344. 2011..In this study we explore associations between the 'maturity' of the hospitals' quality improvement system and clinical outcomes...
- Investigating organizational quality improvement systems, patient empowerment, organizational culture, professional involvement and the quality of care in European hospitals: the 'Deepening our Understanding of Quality Improvement in Europe (DUQuE)' projeOliver Groene
Avedis Donabedian University Institute, Autonomous University of Barcelona, CIBER Epidemiology and Public Health, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 10:281. 2010..Hospitals in European countries apply a wide range of quality improvement strategies. Knowledge of the effectiveness of these strategies, implemented as part of an overall hospital quality improvement system, is limited...
- One stop or full stop? The continuing challenges for researchers despite the new streamlined NHS research governance processAndrew G H Thompson
Politics and International Relations, School of Social and Political Science, University of Edinburgh, Chrystal Macmillan Building, 15a George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9LD, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 10:124. 2010..This paper illustrates how this new system fails to be consistent and streamlined and is unlikely to become so unless changes are made to the implementation and management of the governance processes...
- Predictors of patient satisfaction with hospital health careJose M Quintana
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital de Galdakao, Galdakao, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 6:102. 2006..We evaluated possible predictors of patient satisfaction in relation to socio-demographic variables, history of admission, and survey logistics...
- The meaning of patient involvement and participation in health care consultations: a taxonomyAndrew G H Thompson
School of Social and Political Studies, University of Edinburgh, Adam Ferguson Bldg, George Square, EH8 9LL Edinburgh, UK
Soc Sci Med 64:1297-310. 2007..These levels are seen to provide basic building blocks for a more sophisticated understanding of involvement within and between these contexts for use by professionals, managers, policy-makers and researchers...
- Predicting and comparing patient satisfaction in four different modes of health care across a nationAnnemieke P Bikker
Soc Sci Med 63:1671-83. 2006..These factors offer a set of summary measures by which services can be easily evaluated at a strategic level and point to where efforts to increase patient satisfaction can be maximised...