D Rh Thomas
Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- The public health response to the re-emergence of syphilis in Wales, UKD Rh Thomas
Public Health Wales Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Cardiff, UK
Int J STD AIDS 22:488-92. 2011..Public health interventions have been sustained, using traditional partner notification, health promotion initiatives, and more innovative Internet network tracing methods...
- Extreme water-related weather events and waterborne diseaseK F Cann
Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Public Health Wales, Temple of Peace and Health, Cathays Park, Cardiff, UK
Epidemiol Infect 141:671-86. 2013..Extreme water-related weather events represent a risk to public health in both developed and developing countries, but impact will be disproportionate and likely to compound existing health disparities...
- Declining incidence of chickenpox in the absence of universal childhood immunisationG L Lowe
National Public Health Service Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Abton House, Cardiff CF14 3QX, UK
Arch Dis Child 89:966-9. 2004..To examine the epidemiology of chickenpox in Wales from 1986 to 2001...
- Borna disease virus and mental health: a cross-sectional studyD Rh Thomas
NPHS Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Abton House, Wedal Road, Cardiff CF14 3QX, UK
QJM 98:247-54. 2005..A role for Borna disease virus (BDV) in human neurological and psychiatric illness has been proposed, but this hypothesis remains controversial...
- Surveillance of insecticide resistance in head lice using biochemical and molecular methodsD Rh Thomas
National Public Health Service for Wales Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Cardiff, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:777-8. 2006....
- A community outbreak of Campylobacter jejuni infection from a chlorinated public water supplyG Richardson
National Public Health Service, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Cardiff, UK
Epidemiol Infect 135:1151-8. 2007..Service reservoirs are common in rural communities and need regular maintenance and inspection. The role of water in sporadic cases of campylobacter enteritis may be underestimated...
- Using the internet for rapid investigation of an outbreak of diarrhoeal illness in mountain bikersS L Griffiths
Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, National Public Health Service for Wales, Cardiff, UK
Epidemiol Infect 138:1704-11. 2010..Mountain-bike race organizers should consider microbiological hazards when risk-assessing potential race courses. The internet is an efficient tool for the investigation of outbreaks in computer-literate populations...
- Mental health of British farmersH V Thomas
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Occup Environ Med 60:181-5; discussion 185-6. 2003....