Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- What is social about social perception research?Christoph Teufel
Brain Mapping Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, University of Cambridge Cambridge, UK
Front Integr Neurosci 6:128. 2012..Finally, we discuss the potential of this approach to inform studies of clinical conditions such as autism...
- Social cognition modulates the sensory coding of observed gaze directionChristoph Teufel
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Curr Biol 19:1274-7. 2009..The effects of adaptation were enhanced under the former condition relative to the latter, indicating that high-level sociocognitive processes shape and modulate sensory coding of observed gaze direction...
- Mental-state attribution drives rapid, reflexive gaze followingChristoph Teufel
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Atten Percept Psychophys 72:695-705. 2010..These results indicate that the attribution of the mental state "seeing" to a face plays a role in controlling even reflexive gaze following...
- Seeing other minds: attributed mental states influence perceptionChristoph Teufel
Brain Mapping Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Trends Cogn Sci 14:376-82. 2010..This hypothesis has far-reaching implications for our understanding of both the healthy social brain and characteristic social failures in psychopathology...
- Deficits in sensory prediction are related to delusional ideation in healthy individualsChristoph Teufel
Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Neuropsychologia 48:4169-72. 2010..Rather they appear to be stable, trait-like characteristics of an individual, a finding that has important implications for our understanding of the neurocognitive basis of delusions...
- Attribution of intentional causation influences the perception of observed movements: behavioral evidence and neural correlatesJames W Moore
Department of Psychiatry, Brain Mapping Unit, University of Cambridge Cambridge, UK Department of Psychology, Goldsmiths, University of London London, UK
Front Psychol 4:23. 2013..Intriguingly, these brain regions have previously been implicated in the sense of agency over one's own movements. We discuss the implications of these results for intentional binding specifically, and the sense of agency more generally...