Dianne J Terlouw
Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Impact of mass distribution of free long-lasting insecticidal nets on childhood malaria morbidity: the Togo National Integrated Child Health CampaignDianne J Terlouw
Child and Reproductive Health, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, UK
Malar J 9:199. 2010....
- Neuroauditory toxicity of artemisinin combination therapies-have safety concerns been addressed?Virginia Ramos-Martín
Department of Children s and Women s Health, Institute of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom Department of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, United Kingdom Malawi Liverpool Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Programme, Blantyre, Malawi University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Trop Med Hyg 91:62-73. 2014..This subgroup is potentially most vulnerable to any neuroauditory toxicity because of their development stage, increased malaria susceptibility, and repeated ACT exposure in settings lacking robust safety monitoring. ..
- Schistosomiasis in pre-school-age children and their mothers in Chikhwawa district, Malawi with notes on characterization of schistosomes and snailsHelen Poole
Department of Parasitology, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Parasit Vectors 7:153. 2014..To complement ongoing schistosomiasis control within national control programmes (NCPs) that administer praziquantel to school-age children, assessing the risk and extent of schistosomiasis in pre-school-age children (PSAC) is important...
- Placental infections with histologically confirmed Plasmodium falciparum are associated with adverse birth outcomes in India: a cross-sectional studyRukhsana Ahmed
Department of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
Malar J 13:232. 2014..Few studies have assessed placental malaria infections from low transmission areas by histopathology to define their impact and underlying mechanisms...
- Designing adverse event forms for real-world reporting: participatory research in UgandaEmma C Davies
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e32704. 2012..The forms, or their key components, could be adapted for use in other low-literacy settings to improve quality and quantity of drug safety reports as new medicines are scaled-up...
- Malaria in infants below six months of age: retrospective surveillance of hospital admission records in Blantyre, MalawiBeatriz Larru
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool, Pembroke Place L35QA Liverpool, UK
Malar J 8:310. 2009..A number of recent reports however suggest that the burden in this young age group may be underestimated...