Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- A randomised trial of nicotine assisted reduction to stop in pharmacies - the RedPharm studyTaina Taskila
UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies, Primary Care Clinical Sciences, School of Health and Population Sciences, Primary Care Clinical Sciences Building, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
BMC Public Health 12:182. 2012..This pilot study aims therefore to examine the feasibility of implementing smoking reduction programme in pharmacies, and also to see if behavioural support and a longer treatment affect the success rate for cessation...
- Establishing the added benefit of measuring MMP9 in FOB positive patients as a part of the Wolverhampton colorectal cancer screening programmeSue Wilson
Primary Care Clinical Sciences, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BMC Cancer 9:36. 2009..MMP9 has potential for detecting those at risk of having colorectal cancer. The aim of this study is to assess whether MMP9 estimation enhances the predictive value of a positive FOBt...
- Enhancing return-to-work in cancer patients, development of an intervention and design of a randomised controlled trialSietske J Tamminga
Coronel Institute of Occupational Health, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 10:345. 2010..The feasibility of the intervention and direct and indirect costs will be determined. Outcomes will be assessed by a questionnaire at baseline and at 6, 12, 18, and 24 months after baseline...
- Factors affecting attitudes toward colorectal cancer screening in the primary care populationT Taskila
Primary Care Clinical Sciences, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Br J Cancer 101:250-5. 2009..However, screening programmes in the United Kingdom have to date seen uptake rates of less than 60%. Attitudes towards screening are the primary factors determining patient uptake...
- Fatigue and its correlates in cancer patients who had returned to work--a cohort studyT Taskila
Coronel Institute of Occupational Health, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychooncology 20:1236-41. 2011....