Affiliation: University of Bristol
- The link between short sleep duration and obesity: we should recommend more sleep to prevent obesityS Taheri
Henry Wellcome LINE, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:881-4. 2006
- The genetics of sleep disordersS Taheri
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology LINE, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, Whitson Street, University of Bristol, Bristol BS1 3NY, UK
Minerva Med 95:203-12. 2004..This brief review will present the role of genetic factors in the obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome, restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy, and circadian rhythm disorders...
- Sleep and metabolism: bringing pieces of the jigsaw togetherS Taheri
Sleep Med Rev 11:159-62. 2007
- Orexin A immunoreactivity and preproorexin mRNA in the brain of Zucker and WKY ratsS Taheri
Endocrine Unit, Division of Investigative Sciences, Imperial College School of Medicine, The Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Neuroreport 12:459-64. 2001..These observations suggest that the sleep and activity phenotype of the WKY strain may be related to orexin deficiency and that this strain may be a useful model of partial orexin deficiency...
- Orexins: effects on behavior and localisation of orexin receptor 2 messenger ribonucleic acid in the rat brainstemD Sunter
ICSM Endocrine Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, 6th Floor Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, W12 0NN, 0NN, London, UK
Brain Res 907:27-34. 2001..This distribution of OX2R and the effects on behavior support recent reports that the orexins might modulate central nervous system arousal and sleep-wake mechanisms rather than exclusively being involved in the control of food intake...
- Ghrelin causes hyperphagia and obesity in ratsA M Wren
Endocrine Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Diabetes 50:2540-7. 2001..saline 2.2 +/- 3.8 g, P < 0.05) and adiposity. These data provide evidence that ghrelin is important in long-term control of food intake and body weight and that circulating ghrelin at fasting concentrations may stimulate food intake...
- Sleep quality and its correlates in renal transplant patientsH Kachuee
Nephrology Urology Research Center NURC, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Transplant Proc 39:1095-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate correlated morbidity measures with poor sleep quality among kidney transplanted patients...