Genomes and Genes
David I Strutt
Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- Strutt D, Warrington S. Planar polarity genes in the Drosophila wing regulate the localisation of the FH3-domain protein Multiple Wing Hairs to control the site of hair production. Development. 2008;135:3103-11 pubmed publisher..In addition, the distally localised core polarity protein Frizzled positively promotes prehair initiation, suggesting that both proximal and distal cellular cues act together to ensure accurate prehair placement. ..
- Strutt D, Mlodzik M. Hedgehog is an indirect regulator of morphogenetic furrow progression in the Drosophila eye disc. Development. 1997;124:3233-40 pubmed..However, hh is required to promote furrow progression and regulate its rate of movement across the disc, since the furrow is significantly delayed in smo clones. ..
- Strutt D. Frizzled signalling and cell polarisation in Drosophila and vertebrates. Development. 2003;130:4501-13 pubmed..This review discusses recent findings regarding non-canonical Frizzled signalling and cell polarisation. ..
- Strutt D. Organ shape: controlling oriented cell division. Curr Biol. 2005;15:R758-9 pubmed..One mechanism by which organisms control the shape of growing organs is by regulating the orientation of cell divisions. This occurs in the Drosophila wing under the control of genes previously implicated in regulating cell polarity. ..
- Strutt H, Searle E, Thomas Macarthur V, Brookfield R, Strutt D. A Cul-3-BTB ubiquitylation pathway regulates junctional levels and asymmetry of core planar polarity proteins. Development. 2013;140:1693-702 pubmed publisher..Loss of asymmetry by altered core protein levels can be explained by reference to feedback models for amplification of asymmetry. ..
- Warrington S, Strutt H, Fisher K, Strutt D. A Dual Function for Prickle in Regulating Frizzled Stability during Feedback-Dependent Amplification of Planar Polarity. Curr Biol. 2017;27:2784-2797.e3 pubmed publisher..Overall, our approach reveals for the first time essential in vivo stabilizing and destabilizing interactions of the core proteins required for self-organization of planar polarity. ..