Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Dissociation of steroid receptor coactivator 1 and nuclear receptor corepressor recruitment to the human glucocorticoid receptor by modification of the ligand-receptor interface: the role of tyrosine 735Adam Stevens
Endocrine Sciences Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 17:845-59. 2003..As both SRC1 and NCoR are predicted to recognize a common hydrophobic cleft in the GR, it seems that changes favorable to one interaction are detrimental to the other, thus identifying a molecular switch...
- Glucocorticoid sensitivity is determined by a specific glucocorticoid receptor haplotypeAdam Stevens
Endocrine Sciences Research Group and Centre for Molecular Medicine, Arthritis Research Campaign Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:892-7. 2004..This haplotype may help predetermine variation in clinical response to GC therapy and also assist the understanding of diseases related to GC production...
- Glucocorticoid ligands specify different interactions with NF-kappaB by allosteric effects on the glucocorticoid receptor DNA binding domainHelen Garside
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Endocrine Sciences Research Group, Stopford Building, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:50050-9. 2004..This has implications for understanding ligand-dependent interdomain communication...
- Regulation of glucocorticoid receptor gamma (GRgamma) by glucocorticoid receptor haplotype and glucocorticoidAdam Stevens
Endocrine Sciences Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:327-31. 2004..Therefore we proposed that the GR haplotype affects glucocorticoid sensitivity either by influencing GRgamma expression basally, or in response to Gc exposure...
- Identification and functional analysis of SKA2 interaction with the glucocorticoid receptorLisa Rice
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Endocrinol 198:499-509. 2008..Our new data show involvement in cell proliferation and GC signalling, with implications for understanding how GCs impact on cell fate...
- Mutation screening of the macrophage migration inhibitory factor gene: positive association of a functional polymorphism of macrophage migration inhibitory factor with juvenile idiopathic arthritisRachelle Donn
Epidemiology Unit, Arthritis Research Campaign, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Arthritis Rheum 46:2402-9. 2002..To determine if polymorphisms of the macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) gene are associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- Haplotype analysis of the polymorphic human vascular endothelial growth factor gene promoterAdam Stevens
Endocrine Sciences Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:812-6. 2003..Therefore, carriage of the -460/+405 polymorphism significantly alters VEGF promoter activity and responsiveness. This has implications for the inherited susceptibility of common diseases...
- Epigenetic changes in the hypothalamic proopiomelanocortin and glucocorticoid receptor genes in the ovine fetus after periconceptional undernutritionAdam Stevens
Faculties of Life Sciences and Medical and Human Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Endocrinology 151:3652-64. 2010..These epigenetic changes in GR and POMC in the hypothalamus may also predispose the offspring to altered regulation of food intake, energy expenditure, and glucose homeostasis later in life...
- Glucocorticoid receptor-mediated apoptosis: mechanisms of resistance in cancer cellsGeorge Schlossmacher
Endocrinology and Diabetes, Faculty of Life Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Endocrinol 211:17-25. 2011....
- Human growth is associated with distinct patterns of gene expression in evolutionarily conserved networksAdam Stevens
Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital and the Institute of Human Development, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
BMC Genomics 14:547. 2013..The aim of this study was to describe gene expression and biological pathways associated with stages of growth in children and to assess tissue-independent expression patterns in relation to human growth...
- Use of gene expression profiling to identify a novel glucocorticoid sensitivity determining gene, BMPRIIRachelle Donn
Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Manchester, Oxford Rd, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
FASEB J 21:402-14. 2007..Furthermore, this combined gene profiling, and functional analysis approach has identified BMPRII as a modulator of Gc signaling...